How do I post an announcement for every visitor to see

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How do I post an announcement for every visitor to see

Post by KevC »

You could separate them in the single post you've made.

Announcement 1 blah blah
--------
Announcement 2 blah blah
--------
Announcement 3 blah blah
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

elRuffsta wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm
nah this is fine.. i just thought it would be possible to have more than 1 announcement 1 under the other..
You can. Use the built-in Global announcement feature.

BTW, it appears you hijacked this topic from the OP. I hope he posts back so he can get an answer. Please avoid that in the future. Your issue, your topic.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

elRuffsta

Post by elRuffsta »

technically i didn't.. same subject, same title, same exact issue.. no need to ask a second time - (create another topic) for help on the same exact issue is there? i stayed within the subject at hand.

so hopefully they read this cause they too will have the answer.. infact they probably got their answer faster and in more detail.. so i kinda helped them out really

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

elRuffsta wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm
technically i didn't.. same subject, same title, same exact issue.. no need to ask a second time - (create another topic) for help on the same exact issue is there? i stayed within the subject at hand.

so hopefully they read this cause they too will have the answer.. infact they probably got their answer faster and in more detail.. so i kinda helped them out really
No you did hijack and no, you didn't help anyone. If you know the solution to your issue, why post a support topic? And if you don't, how do you know the solution is the same?

Hijacking also creates confusion in the topic among supporters. Please do not do it again. We prefer different topics for every user and every issue, even IF the solution turns out to be the same. Thank you.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

elRuffsta

Post by elRuffsta »

I want to post a general announcement for visitors to my board can read, regardless which post or topic they want to read. Guests should see it also.
- same EXACT issue... same EXACT ext to install that was given..

whatever, not gonna argue over it..

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

that does not matter. even if it is the exact same they want everyone to start their own topic when they are asking for support.
rules are rules. others may not like whatever rules you have on your board but you still require them to follow your board rules.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”