Cant acsess ACP/MCP/user control panel

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
oOBATOo

Cant acsess ACP/MCP/user control panel

Post by oOBATOo »

Hi
My hosting Fasthosts, technobable.com/forum <--Currently has no SSL cert.

I can access the forum through www.technobable.com/forum
I can log in and be recognized as admin(show and tell bottom of forum)
I can NOT access ACP/MCP/UCP I get the following error,
"
General Error
Module not accessible

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 565
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/ucp.php
LINE: 407
CALL: p_master->load_active()
"
this error msg appears when I visit any off the cp's

Iam on 3.3.0 The company(fasthost) uses a one click installer, they Fasthost swear its not there problem.
Iam currently at a loss, if we/FHost/I cant get this fixed I am going to have to change provider(hosting) to a company that can make it work.

Any constructive advice welcome, thanks
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Cant acsess ACP/MCP/user control panel

Post by warmweer »

Your cookiedomain is currently www.technobable.com but should be .technobable.com.
Fix, purge cache, delete browser cookies and cache and try again.

Since it 's a new forum, I actually suggest reinstalling using files downloaded form phpBB.com
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
david63

Post by david63 »

oOBATOo wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:24 pm
The company(fasthost) uses a one click installer,
This type of problem is reported quite often when somebody uses a host's "one click install" - the best recommendation would be to delete all of the files except for config.php and then upload a set of files that you download from here, but remove config.php first
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
oOBATOo

Post by oOBATOo »

Hi
Ive been at this for 24hr, I did try myself the one click installer, it failed so.
I downloaded the zip off 3.3.x from here and ftp'ed the files in place.
I then tried to trip the installer but could not get it to fire, exhaustive reading of the pdf install steps was no help.

I then approached FHosts support, who ran through the one click installer and installed it. Usless as this is if you cant acsess A/M/U... CP

Iam wondering if the lack off SSL cert maybe the issue, Iam none the less waiting on replies from here, Fasthosts support and finances(Moving domain!).

I thank you both for your help so far. Away to try cookies/chach ...
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

oOBATOo wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:58 pm
Iam wondering if the lack off SSL cert maybe the issue, Iam none the less waiting on replies from here, Fasthosts support and finances(Moving domain!).
You don't need a SSL certificate unless you want to force https, something which you could do in a later stage anyway.

First of all, take a backup of your config.php
Note the values of (as you will use those again)
$dbhost = 'xxx';
$dbport = 'xxx';
$dbname = 'xxx';
$dbuser = 'xxx';
$dbpasswd = 'xxx'

Use phpyAdmin or whichever your Control Panel offers to empty the database. (this to make sure nothing is left over from the host install)
Delete all the files in /forum
Download the phphBB3.3.0 pack from phpBB.com and extract to your PC, keeping the whole directory structure.
Copy the extracted phpBB fileset from the /phpBB3 on your PC to /forum (keeping directory structure). (so you won't have the /phpBB3 but only the contents).
Navigate to www.technobable.com/forum/install and perform the new install using the data from you old config.php.

edited to emphasise copying the contents of /phpBB3 to /forum, not the whole /phpBB3

edited: corrected php.com to phpBB.com
Last edited by warmweer on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
oOBATOo

Post by oOBATOo »

warmweer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:44 pm
Download the phphBB3.3.0 pack from php.com and extract to your PC, keeping the whole directory structure.
O.o hmm u sure boss? from php.com really !!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

oOBATOo wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:08 pm
O.o hmm u sure boss? from php.com really !!
Edited previous post to correct that: :oops:
oOBATOo

Post by oOBATOo »

warmweer wrote:
Use phpyAdmin or whichever your Control Panel offers to empty the database. (this to make sure nothing is left over from the host install)
I deleted the database and recreated it using the config.php info copy paste style Db name user ... .

warmweer wrote:
Delete all the files in /forum
Download the phphBB3.3.0 pack from phpBB.com and extract to your PC, keeping the whole directory structure.
Copy the extracted phpBB fileset from the /phpBB3 on your PC to /forum (keeping directory structure). (so you won't have the /phpBB3 but only the contents).
Navigate to www.technobable.com/forum/install and perform the new install using the data from you old config.php.
Now my turn :oops: I get :>

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access www.technobable.com/forum/install/ on this server.

Ho hum did not follow your outline to the letter however I dont think that makes a lot off difference. Back much latter thanks for the help.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Are you sure everything was uploaded properly?

The requested URL /forum/styles/prosilver/style.cfg was not found on this server.
The requested URL /forum/ext/phpbb/viglink/composer.json was not found on this server.
oOBATOo

Post by oOBATOo »

warmweer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:28 pm
Are you sure everything was uploaded properly?

The requested URL /forum/styles/prosilver/style.cfg was not found on this server.
The requested URL /forum/ext/phpbb/viglink/composer.json was not found on this server.
those files are there now the file sizes on the server in total is not the same as the file sizes in total on the HD.
I now get, "
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request....."

Looks like its not playing ball I am really wanting this to work but it don't want to........... During the transfer towards the end
I had to reconnect(fileZilla) and restart the que.

You want to try another prod at it.
tricountybb

Post by tricountybb »

[/quote]

those files are there now the file sizes on the server in total is not the same as the file sizes in total on the HD.
I now get, "
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request....."

Looks like its not playing ball I am really wanting this to work but it don't want to........... During the transfer towards the end
I had to reconnect(fileZilla) and restart the que.

You want to try another prod at it.
[/quote]
Make sure in filezilla the(in transfer settings) Box that says some thing like treat files without extensions as ASCI is NOT checked. Or it will cause a problem like what you speak of cuz it happend to me.
Dunno if this is of any help just throwing it out there tho

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”