Smilie problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tim1969

Smilie problem

Post by Tim1969 »

This is minor but an annoyance. If you click multiple smilies each time the cursor tabs down a line so you end up with
:D

instead of

:D :D :D

I have advanced bbcode and smilies scroll box installed. Any ideas?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Smilie problem

Post by KevC »

:D :D :D :D :D

As it doesn't do it with standard phpBB you should post in the support section for the advanced BBcode extension.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

KevC wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:26 am :D :D :D :D :D

As it doesn't do it with standard phpBB you should post in the support section for the advanced BBcode extension.
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was the extension or not...
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Your version of the extension is outdated. You can find a more or less working edit/fix in the extension topic.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

warmweer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:36 pm Your version of the extension is outdated. You can find a more or less working edit/fix in the extension topic.
I'm running the latest version and the Dev has said that it is not a problem with the extension - i need to look at other extensions or main code?

Edit: It seem to be the WYSIWYG editor. If disabled it and it's stopped doing it. I guess I'll need to head over there to find a solution. Cheers
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I just checked it on a brand new installation and it's fine on there so it's not a core code issue.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Tim1969 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:32 am I'm running the latest version and the Dev has said that it is not a problem with the extension - i need to look at other extensions or main code?
Oh well, you're running phpBB 3.3.7 (as per prosilver) but using proflat_orange(1.2.10) for phpBB 3.2.9

and smiliesscrollbox
version" 1.0.3"
require
phpbb/phpbb ">=3.1.1,<3.3.0@dev" >>> was the <3.3.0@dev removed?

Had a quick look at the code (but I'm far from a code guru) and it looks as though it's focused on prosilver so it probably works with styles inheriting from prosilver but the version discrepancy with your proflat isn't something I would just dismiss.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

It seems to be the WYSIWYG editor. I disabled it and it's stopped doing it.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

I have to comment but “what you see is what you get” isn’t that the point of the extension?

🤣
🤣
😛

I’d hazard a guess at the extension is inserting a new line break ‘\n’ on click, and it should be ‘ ‘ a space.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

That's a great suggestion. Any idea where in the code I may find the offending line as the dev doesn't seem to be active?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Not in this forum, you can ask in custom coding but the author should be answering your questions.

The ABBCode author is active, he answered your question on May 11th. I see he says it’s not him, maybe point him to this topic? BTW - are you talking about the Advanced BBCode box or a WYSIWYG editor, they’re not the same thing.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

Mick wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:54 pm Not in this forum, you can ask in custom coding but the author should be answering your questions.

The ABBCode author is active, he answered your question on May 11th. I see he says it’s not him, maybe point him to this topic? BTW - are you talking about the Advanced BBCode box or a WYSIWYG editor, they’re not the same thing.
Hi, that is the issue, I don't know. I have deactivated the WYSIWYG editor and the problem has stopped. You are right the ABBCode has replied and says his extension doesn't touch smilies. I then assumed it was the smilies scroll box but deactivating that didn't change anything, so I tried other extensions. When I disabled the WYSIWYG ext, it stopped. I have no idea whether there is a conflict between extensions or just that one, which is why I asked if anyone knew which file I should be looking at?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Which WYSIWYG extension? I wasn’t aware there was a current one.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Tim1969

Post by Tim1969 »

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... lewysiwyg/

It is listed as compatible up to 3.2.8. Does that mean it won't work with 3.3?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

The only person to say categorically would be the author but I see someone asked the question in February 2021 with no reply so probably not.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”