Big red error box at the top of the extensions tab when I try enabling certain extensions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Bruce Banner

Big red error box at the top of the extensions tab when I try enabling certain extensions

Post by Bruce Banner »

I get a message like this:

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: The file "/home/blah/public_html/board2/ext/tas2580/regcheck/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @config").

#0 /home/blah/public_html/board2/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->loadFile('/home/bl...')
#1 /home/blah/public_html/board2/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(99): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->load('services.yml')
#2 /home/blah/public_html/board2/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(63): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load_services(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#3 /home/blah/public_html/board2/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(71): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load(Array, Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#4 /home/blah/public_html/board2/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/DependencyInjection/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(39): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#5 /home/blah/public_html/board2/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(140): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#6 /home/blah/public_html/board2/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(789): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#7 /home/blah/public_html/board2/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(203): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#8 /home/blah/public_html/board2/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#9 /home/blah/public_html/board2/adm/index.php(23): require('/home/bl...')
#10 {main}

What should I do to get these extensions to work?

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Big red error box at the top of the extensions tab when I try enabling certain extensions

Post by HiFiKabin »

You may find that david63's extension might help viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456 or it might require more work. There is no way to tell other than to try and/or ask the extension author.

Bruce Banner

Re: Big red error box at the top of the extensions tab when I try enabling certain extensions

Post by Bruce Banner »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:09 pm
You may find that david63's extension might help viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456 or it might require more work. There is no way to tell other than to try and/or ask the extension author.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Well that worked fine for one extension. Hopefully, it'll work for all of them. Thanks again.

Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

I'm getting another error message when I enable an extension for which I've already corrected the services.yml file. The error's saying that that file does not contain valid YAML, that there's a malformed inline YAML string on line 5, but Extensions .yml check is telling me that the extension's services.yml file is valid. So how can it be valid but contain invalid code at the same time?

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

Bruce Banner wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:19 am
I'm getting another error message when I enable an extension for which I've already corrected the services.yml file. The error's saying that that file does not contain valid YAML, that there's a malformed inline YAML string on line 5, but Extensions .yml check is telling me that the extension's services.yml file is valid. So how can it be valid but contain invalid code at the same time?
Did you clear cache after correcting the services.yml?
Brexit and Trump are old news and currently I have no inspiration for a new signature.
Ow, wait: 3.3 has been released.

Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 am
Bruce Banner wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:19 am
Did you clear cache after correcting the services.yml?
Just tried that but it didn't work. Got the same error message when I tried enabling again.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

You will need to ask that extensions author by posting in the relevant topic. S/he knows the code, we do not.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”