500 Error after 3.3 update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
helladamnleet

500 Error after 3.3 update

Post by helladamnleet »

First it was a 403 error directly after updating, tried chmodding 777 -R, no change, deleted .htaccess, turned into a 500 error. Already updated the database so there's no rolling back now. EXTREMELY irritating that the 'official' 3.2.7 > 3.3 updater doesn't work worth a crap.

Nothing in the error log.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: 500 Error after 3.3 update

Post by Mick »

What method did you use to upgrade? Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

helladamnleet

Post by helladamnleet »

I actually did get it to work by disabling every extension via the CLI. The extension that is causing the conflict seems to be the official phpBB site maker plugin, so I'll dig into that and make a topic in regards to that issue if the time comes. Thank you for your help.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Official?

That particular extension has not been updated since July 2018.
In any case, the Upgrade instructions say to disable all of your extensions before upgrading.

helladamnleet

Post by helladamnleet »

In any case I was able to get it to function well enough, so you can mark this as solved. Sorry for seeking assistance prematurely, and you're correct, I should have started by disabling the extensions before upgrading, but now I learned about CLI and can do much more troubleshooting myself in the future :D

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:07 pm
... and you're correct, I should have started by disabling the extensions before upgrading,
Not only that ...
helladamnleet wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:30 pm
Already updated the database so there's no rolling back now.
Rolling back is always possible with a database backup which should be the first step with just about any action on a board affecting the database.
Brexit and Trump are old news and currently I have no inspiration for a new signature.
Ow, wait: 3.3 has been released.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”