Google Search Console issue

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Marco_l87

Google Search Console issue

Post by Marco_l87 »

Hello,
following the 3.3 update, I received several warnings from Google Search Console regarding breadcrumbs.
First there was an "id" value missing and so I followed some guy's advice and added id="{U_SITE_HOME}" to this part in navbar_header (3 entries)

Code: Select all

<span class="crumb" {$MICRODATA}><a href="{U_SITE_HOME}" id="{U_SITE_HOME}" itemtype="https://schema.org/Thing" itemscope itemprop="item" data-navbar-reference="home"><i class="icon fa-home fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span itemprop="name">{L_SITE_HOME}</span></a><meta itemprop="position" content="{{ navlink_position }}{% set navlink_position = navlink_position + 1 %}" /></span>
After that I receive another error from Google stating "An event has occurred in Google Search that might affect your site's data." and I'm presented with this troubleshoot page.
What should I do to solve this "rich result" issue?
Thank you so much

Marco
Swanny

Re: Google Search Console issue

Post by Swanny »

I did a 3.3.0 update yesterday and today Google sent me a warning email with the exact same issue. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm subscribing to this topic to stay in the loop.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Swanny wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:00 pm
I did a 3.3.0 update yesterday and today Google sent me a warning email with the exact same issue. I don't know what the issue is, but I'm subscribing to this thread to stay in the loop.
https://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-16316
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/5836
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
Swanny

Post by Swanny »

Thanks.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”