phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
AlexandrBu

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension

Post by AlexandrBu »

Hello
ammmm as far all extension what i need does not work, and i dont know if athours will update them!

I have php 7.2 and i had phpbb 3.2.8 after upgrade to 3.3.0 extensions does not work with error
phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: The file "/usr/www/forum/ext/bb3mobi/imgposts/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @template").
I just dont know php, but the error the same for all extensions, can i do something by myself with it?

P.S. I realyyy love this exstentions
Images from posts 1.0.5 Details Enable | Delete data
Posts merging 2.1.0 Details Enable | Delete data
Thanks for posts 3.0.7 Details Enable | Delete data
janus_zonstraal

Re: phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Did you have a look into the support forums from that extensions?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension

Post by HiFiKabin »

Check out this extension that may help you solve the errors viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456
AlexandrBu

Post by AlexandrBu »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:50 pm
Did you have a look into the support forums from that extensions?
No hope for that! For example "Images from posts" last update on 2014 and its a grate ext - it takes the image from first post and put in as preview in forum list!!!
AlexandrBu

Post by AlexandrBu »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 pm
Check out this extension that may help you solve the errors viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2528456
Not helped me, its just generic recomendation for php coders

For me phpBB is 50% its extentions, and its very sad that the lost them all after just update from 3.2 to 3.3...
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-02-02 Extensions yml Files Syntax Check.png
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

AlexandrBu wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:24 pm
HiFiKabin wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 pm
Not helped me, its just generic recomendation for php coders

For me phpBB is 50% its extentions, and its very sad that the lost them all after just update from 3.2 to 3.3...
It's not a recommendation.
It's a necessity as those extensions work with 3.2 but not with 3.3 due to changed coding requirements. That extension will allow you to solve a specific coding requirement problem (that is checked) and that may be sufficient to make the extension work again. If it isn't you'll just have to wait for an upgraded version of the extension (and this is not something unexpected with upgrades (see phpBB2 --> PHPbb3.0 and phpBB3.0 --> 3.1, even sometime 3.1, and even so sometimes 3.2.x to 3.2.higherx).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
AlexandrBu

Post by AlexandrBu »

Hi, sorry for delay

I am having second attempt to move to 3.3.x

looks like in case of my favourite addon 3.3.x has just a syntactise(grammatical) problem

just changing one file services.yml
all lines like

Code: Select all

- @config
- %something%
to

- '@config'
- '%something%'
fixes the 3.3.x problem with 3.2.x addons

keep testing it
some time its not only one file found by Extensions .yml Files Syntax Check

and
word

pattern:
must be changed to

path:
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

So is your issue resolved?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”