Posting and admin error after upgrade to 3.3.0

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Sarrene
Name: Sarrene Grant

Posting and admin error after upgrade to 3.3.0

Post by Sarrene »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.3.0
What is your board's URL? https://therepopulation.com/forums
Who do you host your board with? siteground
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.3.0
What MODs do you have installed? No answer given
What extensions do you have installed? Enabled Extensions
Advanced BBCode Box 3.2.2

Disabled Extensions
24 hour activity stats 1.0.9
Annual Stars 1.0.2
Hide Bots 1.0.2
Lightbox 2.0.1
Poster IP in Viewtopic 1.0.2
Rank Post Styling 1.0.3
Recent Topics 2.2.0-RC3
Red title for new topic and new reply 1.0.3
User Recent Activity 2.1.1
VigLink 1.0.5

What styles do you currently have installed? Custom, Prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? EN
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 4
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? I have disabled all mods, Uninstalled all exts, tested (same result). Reinstalled exts. Reverted to default Prosilver template (same results), repaired db, reverted then upgraded again from 3.2 to 3.3. Updated (again) all language files. Same result when upgraded.
PHP version: 7.2.27
Please describe your problem. I have two issues since i upgraded from 3.2. to 3.3
1) [Resolved] unable to post. Posting gives the following error once you hit Submit to post.
Error:
0 - Argument 1 passed to parse_message::check_attachment_form_token() must be an instance of phpbb\language\language, null given, called in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/cache/data_php_posting.php on line 977

2) When ever I make a change in the admin, I receive a white page, no errors in the error log. (I know this generally means a php error). It acts as if i am logged out. I have to go back to the main site, forum then log in and back to the admin.
No error is given on site, in php error log or on server error log. (Server error is "null").
Generated by SRT Generator
Last edited by Sarrene on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sarrene
Name: Sarrene Grant

Re: Posting and admin error after upgrade to 3.3.0

Post by Sarrene »

► Problem 2: I still have the logout issue when i enable or disable an extension. Any ideas on this problem? Again, no errors or anything is being reported.

Problem 1: I found the issue. The old owners of the board had several bridges installed at once. Yes, first thing I did was remove them. However, I found a few lingering language files. These files were causing a conflict with the upgrade and what may have changed between 3.2 and 3.3. So if anyone has a similar problem, check anything that may ever have been installed, or try a clean install and then migrate to that. Luckily I did not have to do the former.

Best!

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

good work, figuring it out.

One thing to remember is an upgrade is not the same as an update. to upgrade you need to remove all the old files except for the ones the instructions tell you about. then you upload all the new files except for the config.php file.

If you do that, then there will be no old files lingering around to cause you problems.

luck,
robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Your cookiedomain is currently therepopulation.com and should be .therepopulation.com (note the leading dot) (this could be a reason why you can't stay logged in). After making that change you should purge the cache (and also clear your browser cache and cookies - your members also)

It seems you don't have any styles folder (but instead a templates folder at the root) and I can't find any prosilver and there's a lot of css and being loaded. It's far from a default phpBB installation.

extra: any reason for removing the phpBB copyright?
We should embrace problems, without which there wouldn't be any solutions.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”