Gaps in Gallery Avatar list

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
thecaretaker1

Gaps in Gallery Avatar list

Post by thecaretaker1 »

Running phpBB 3.3. I have recently noticed a few gaps when viewing the Gallery Avatars in both the User Control Panel/Profile/Edit Avatars and also as Admin when editing a users profile.

All my Gallery Avatars are the same size 60 x 60. I've checked the folder and there are no strange files or corrupted images.

What could be causing this gap?

User Control Panel view
User Control Panel view

As seen by Admin when editing a users profile
As seen by Admin when editing a users profile
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Gaps in Gallery Avatar list

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

right click on the blank space and see if it says view image. if so, choose that and see if the image is there or not. if not, then it will give you the path and the image name it is looking for.

find out if that image is really there or not.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

I can confirm this behavior under 3.2.9 - depending on screen resolution/browser width more or less big gaps
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 »

No image there to get details from. Just a space. No information when right clicking. There is no outline box or select option at the bottom either. Just empty spaces.

If you compare the two images above, there seems no specific images either side that could be causing it. If you resize your browser window, the space does change position (images either side seem to swap places). Happens in IE, Edge and Mozilla. Using my mobile (Samsung Internet Browser) the spaces are there in a different position in responsive mode.

Screenshot_20200215-124449_Samsung Internet.png
thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 »

It took forever, but I've discovered the reason I was getting a gap in the avatar list. Just one avatar I used was 60x65 where all the others were 60x60. If you look at the second image in my first post, you can see the Victorian looking girl is slightly taller. I can't believe it took me so long to spot this.

Solved. :shock:
2222.png

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”