board time

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
elRuffsta

board time

Post by elRuffsta »

i don't see utc 5:00 eastern america/canada option in there.. my board time and my time are 3.5hrs apart.... i want the board to be my time which is 3hrs earlier than what it says

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: board time

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

first, all of the applicable time zones are in phpbb for you to choose from.

also, there is the board time that you set in your admin panel and then there is your time that you set in your user control panel . keep in mind that all members can set their time from their user control panel also.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

EA117

Re: board time

Post by EA117 »

elRuffsta wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:01 pm
i don't see utc 5:00 eastern america/canada option in there.. my board time and my time are 3.5hrs apart.... i want the board to be my time which is 3hrs earlier than what it says
Yeah.... I'm not a big fan of the time zone names phpBB makes you use either, but was saddened to find this is actually following what PHP uses.

As though you can just name one specific city and "surely everyone knows which time zone within the continent this represents." Let alone whether this city 1200 miles away does or does not use the same time zone as yours, especially when DST can be a regional decision.

But anyway. "America/New York" gets you Eastern time zone with Daylight Savings enabled. As would "America/Toronto".

For Eastern without DST, "America/Atikokan". See? Simple! I know what you're thinking, "Oh, of course, Atikokan!"

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”