emoj test in topic title

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Sajaki

emoj test in topic title

Post by Sajaki »

hi,

i've been asked to enable support for "emojis" inside the recent topics extension subject texts, but I could not test this feature on a standard phpbb 3.3 or 3.2.9 install on localhost. All i can do is attach an icon to the topic.

i see there's a permission "Can use emoji and rich text characters in topic title" but i'm not sure it works.

please see a test post here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2557881

can anyone please explain ?
Sajaki

Re: emoj test in topic title 😂 🤣 ☺️ 😊 😇 🙂

Post by Sajaki »

ok i get it, these are just graphic icons in the topic text.
EA117

Re: emoj test in topic title 😜

Post by EA117 »

Re: emoj test in topic title 😜

As I recall, it's not the same as the support for those same emoji characters when used in the body of the post.

In the subject line, phpBB is fully depending on whatever support your web browser and device has for being able to display those emoji Unicode characters. As opposed to the message body, where phpBB is replacing those emoji Unicode characters with a consistent Twemoji-based image.

Which is why the subject line and the first line of this post may look different to you, even though they are exactly the same characters.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”