Error 3.3.0 ► 3.3.1 database only update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mamba

Re: Error 3.3.0 ► 3.3.1 database only update

Post by mamba »

How can I get prosilver as the active style? I'd like to do it via phpMyAdmin. I'm very familiar with updating the database directly (used to be my job).

I'm not sure what will happen if I rename the install folder and try to get back into the admin screens ....
Using 3.3, PHP version 7.4, MySQL 5.6, Host: HawkHost shared Linux, Style: Prosilver
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Why not import your database backup, set active style prosilver, BR English as language, disable all extensions, purge cache, remove reduntant files from /store and retry the update? If it still fails then we can really start looking for bugs.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Because that will take a long time and it's late at night here. I don't have any extensions. I said that above in this thread. There must be an easy way to set the style via the database. Br English is my language. Cache purge should be easy via the database too.

PM me the instructions if you are worried about others getting hold of it and breaking their databases.
Using 3.3, PHP version 7.4, MySQL 5.6, Host: HawkHost shared Linux, Style: Prosilver
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

styles table to get the style_id
users table to set the user (your's and anonyous') style
config table to set default style

Just in case, check your files upload (that everything's there)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
mamba

Post by mamba »

1. style_id for prosilver is 1
  2. Made it the default style
  3. changed anon to this style (I was already set to 1 somehow)
  4. deleted the 2 files in /store (there were no migrations files)
Ran the db update, same error
mamba

Post by mamba »

Perhaps I need to empty cache ... deleted (renamed) folders production and installer in cache, no change, those folders recreated automatically

Maybe this style issue is not the reason for the error
mamba

Post by mamba »

I renamed /install and was able to get back into the acp and cleared cache and checked that language Br Eng, style is prosilver. No extensions other than viglink, which is the extension phpbb installs, right?

acp has this message:
Your phpBB installation has not been correctly updated. Please read the information below in order to fix this error.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Re-uploading the entire full package (sans specified directories) again .....

If that does not work, not sure what I can do. I have nearly 20 years' worth of forum postings and valuable data I cannot afford to lose. Fortunately I backed up before starting this.
mamba

Post by mamba »

Perhaps if a developer can tell me the exact database changes that need to happen, I can fix this manually? It's a small update, so what's going on in the db, just a version change?

Edit:

Used WinSCP instead if FileZilla to upload everything again. Emptied cache again, deleted /store contents. Turned off Cloudflare and Litespeed.

Ran update.

Worked. Phew.

Not sure what the problem was, but I suspect FileZilla is becoming an unreliable ftp agent. At least for me. This would be the second time it has not uploaded everything correctly.

Thanks for the help.

Edit 2: final thought: how about someone includes the need to switch to prosilver and deactivate any other style here:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... date_full/

... you know, the way it's stated on all the other Full Update pages? ;)
Last edited by mamba on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Mamba, there is six hour bum rule here. If no one has replied to your topic in 5 hours edit your last post instead of creating a new post.

Thanks.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”