profilefields.type.googleplus

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jeffvigilia

profilefields.type.googleplus

Post by jeffvigilia »

Hello!

I recently updated my forum to version 3.3.1 and it was a difficult process because there were several problems with the automatic updater on the way, which returned an error when trying to update the database and stopped the process ...

I insisted, did the manual installation (ful upload) and it seemed to go well, in the end.

I tested everything right away, got into topics, created topics and users came up with new content. However, now, shortly after, when trying to read a post on the Forum, users (registered or not) are faced with an error page:

Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent service "profilefields.type.googleplus". Did you mean one of these: "profilefields.type.bool", "profilefields.type.date", "profilefields.type.dropdown", "profilefields.type.text", "profilefields.type.url", "profilefields.type_collection"? in /home2/vigiliacom/public_html/vforum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php:348 Stack trace: #0 /home2/vigiliacom/public_html/vforum/phpbb/di/service_collection.php(57): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('profilefields.t...') #1 /home2/vigiliacom/public_html/vforum/phpbb/profilefields/manager.php(452): phpbb\di\service_collection->offsetGet('profilefields.t...') #2 /home2/vigiliacom/public_html/vforum/viewtopic.php(1919): phpbb\profilefields\manager->generate_profile_fields_template_data(Array) #3 {main} thrown in /home2/vigiliacom/public_html/vforum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php on line 348

I use the Hexagon theme and I have some extensions ... But I tried with them disabled and the default theme, and the problem still persists.

Akismet Anti-Spam Extension, Board Announcements, Google Analytics, phpBB Media Embed, VigLink

I've also been having session problems ... In a normal window, when trying to access the ACP, I get an error message (500). But that doesn't happen when I use an incognito window ...

My forum: https://www.vigilia.com.br/vforum

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
david63

Re: profilefields.type.googleplus

Post by david63 »

What did you update from?

How did you update?

The googleplus CPF was removed several versions back if I recall correctly.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
jeffvigilia

Post by jeffvigilia »

I updated it first by sending the update file ... But that didn't save me ... So I uploaded the patched files ... but that didn't work either ... So I uploaded a complete phpbb, maintaining the same database ... Apparently it worked but it still indicates that I had an old version of phpbb So I asked for help here and a member of the forum just advised to change the version in the database. And that's what I did so it seemed to work normally. The problem is that now some time later i am getting this message when i or some user tries to read any post in the forum ...
AbaddonOrmuz
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Alfredo

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

jeffvigilia wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:43 pm
a member of the forum just advised to change the version in the database
That's absolutely the worst advice someone can give.

That doesn't fix the version problem, only hides it, which will give you more problems, and it's what you are experiencing.

Fix your upgrade issue, because the Google+ custom profile field was removed in phpBB 3.3.1
Some of my phpBB extensions:
Image Imgur | :chart_with_upwards_trend: SEO Metadata | Image Markdown | :lock: Auto-lock Topics
:trophy: Check out all my validated extensions :trophy:

:penguin: Arch Linux user :penguin:
jeffvigilia

Post by jeffvigilia »

OK.. I understand...

But how do you suggest I fix the upgrade now, without losing all forum settings?

Thank you!

Jeff
AbaddonOrmuz

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

It's hard to say without knowing why the upgrade "didn't work".

The issues that make the upgrade to stop have to be fixed so it can properly finish.

You can even run the upgrade multiple times, however that's usually not ideal or even the right thing to do. That way you won't lose any data.
Image Imgur | :chart_with_upwards_trend: SEO Metadata | Image Markdown | :lock: Auto-lock Topics

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

Jeff,

If you PM me, I'll fix this for you. I can't believe someone on this forum told you to do that.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
jeffvigilia

Post by jeffvigilia »

Hi Marshalrusty,

So, I still asked if it was really the only change in the database ... :-( The user deleted the original message, but the conversation is still there and now that I saw that another user even warned him, as he should never have said that:

<removed link>

In a hurry, to get my forum back on the air, I really did it :-(

But the fact is, I don't know how to fix it ... I just felt strange because in the last few weeks no one else was getting anything done ...

Thank you!
Jeff
Last edited by thecoalman on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

I removed the link in your post because the posts in question with the bad advice have been removed to prevent anyone else from doing it. Sorry you were given poor advice like that.

PM Marshalrusty, that's the best course of action and you can be assured it will be fixed correctly.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty »

The problem has been resolved, with a couple suggestions from me and all the work done by the OP.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

It would be nice to know how it was fixed as we have another user on our IST community faced the similar issue while upgrading from 3.0.5 to 3.3.2.
AbaddonOrmuz

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

I would say it was fixed after running the upgrade using the full package again.

At least that's how I just fixed two boards (3.0.14 and 3.2.6) with similar problems.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”