If I delete a PM from my outbox, does that make it unavailable to the recipient?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Siguza

If I delete a PM from my outbox, does that make it unavailable to the recipient?

Post by Siguza »

Hi,

If I delete a PM from my outbox, does that 'un-send' it? Or make it unavailable to recipients?

Thanks
Formerly known as qcz When replying directly to me please quote me so I get notified. Thanks.

ok i never post anymore goodbye
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: If I delete a PM from my outbox, does that make it unavailable to the recipient?

Post by thecoalman »

You can edit or delete a PM when it's still in outbox. If you delete at that point it's deleted for both you and recipient. Since a notification may have been sent if I recall correctly there will be message to recipient it was deleted.

Once the recipient opens either their inbox or the message itself it's considered sent and goes into sentbox. Deleting it from there only deletes it from your list. It's not fully deleted until both the recipient and and sender delete it.

You can answer questions like this yourself pretty easily. Create a test account as regular user and send it a PM, delete it.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Siguza

Re: If I delete a PM from my outbox, does that make it unavailable to the recipient?

Post by Siguza »

Formerly known as qcz When replying directly to me please quote me so I get notified. Thanks.

ok i never post anymore goodbye
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

IIRC, when still in your outbox and deleted, it will say "This PM was deleted" (or something of that nature) in the recipients inbox.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

Once you delete a PM that's still sitting in your Outbox it will not be available to the recipient and it will also tell them that it was deleted.
Proudly powered by phpBB for almost 4 years now: forex-station.com :mrgreen:
Global Alexa rank: 40,500

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”