New Install 3.3.1 but unable to log back in

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Hamish54

New Install 3.3.1 but unable to log back in

Post by Hamish54 »

I use TSOHost as the server provider and have a web address set up with them for the BB. I can ftp the files across and get into the setup process quite happily and then into the ACP with no problem.

Created admin user with a compliant password and then created a couple of test forums which I could see on a separate browser instance. Was able to create posts and then decided to log off.

I am now unable to log back in to the site (error message is "the submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again). I also tried the "I've forgotten my password" route and get the same error message.

There are a couple of other oddities. I can't register as a new user because I get as far as the agreement stage, click on that button then nothing happens.

The direct e-mail function to the admin user also fails to open the mail client. I can, however, create and send an e-mail using the "contact us" form.

Is this a database issue or have I missed something glaringly obvious?

I'd prefer to not have to strip out all the files and start again (already done that once ;-) )

Thanks
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: New Install 3.3.1 but unable to log back in

Post by stevemaury »

Please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Hamish54

Re: New Install 3.3.1 but unable to log back in

Post by Hamish54 »

I think it must have been a propagation issue since I am now able to access the board with no problem.. Still wandering through the configuration :P

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”