How to delete deleted by users posts?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
AlexandrBu

How to delete deleted by users posts?

Post by AlexandrBu »

Hello

Y have many deleted post by users - i see like "Display this post" and "Deleted post: Delete - Restore"

The problem is that deleted posts affects topics posts count - i get 404 on some pages because all posts are deleted but phpbb stil thinks there is a lot posts in this topic!

I can not delete them from moderators post - to much - my server freeezes

How can i mass delete deleted by users posts?
AlexandrBu

Re: How to delete deleted by users posts?

Post by AlexandrBu »

OK looks like on early morning hores i do can delete deleted by users post on modereatres web interface due to free VPS serese recurses!!!

But we realy need on phpbb tools for bulk edit process(maybe form linux console) on biiiig forums - now we dont have it!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

AlexandrBu wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:50 am
OK looks like on early morning hores i do can delete deleted by users post on modereatres web interface due to free VPS serese recurses!!!
I think you are talking about posts deleted without the permanent deletion permission. IN other words, these posts remain in the database until they are permanently deleted by someone with the needed permission (can permanently delete posts).
That feature doesn't depend on the time of the day (at least that's what I gather you mean with early morning "hores".
With "modereatres web interface" do you mean the MCP (Moderator Control Panel)? And what are free VPS serese recurses?
BTW please put some more attention into spelling as "hores" is slang spelling for "whores" which isn't exactly the subject :shock:
AlexandrBu wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:50 am
But we realy need on phpbb tools for bulk edit process(maybe form linux console) on biiiig forums - now we dont have it!
AFAIR in the MCP multiple posts can be deleted in one movement.
What do you mean with a linux concole for bulk editing a phpBB component?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
AlexandrBu

Post by AlexandrBu »

Pardon me

My case i need to delete 50000-100000 post
i could hide it by marking it as deleted by user this way viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2569866

Now its a realy big problem to realy delete it manualy from Moderators Panel.

It must be some way to do it with phpbbcli.php or another MYSQL command?

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”