Updating from3.3.0 to a new release within the same version

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Highway Rider

Updating from3.3.0 to a new release within the same version

Post by Highway Rider »

When doing updates within the same version as 3.3.0.to 3.3.1. There are only 2 files that I have done some editing in they are colors.css and common.css.
The question is what is the best approach when doing an update within the same version (3.3.x) if those are the only files that have had some editing done to them.
Last edited by Highway Rider on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Updating from3.3.0 to a new release within the same version

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Save your edited files and compare them to the 3.3.1 files using a program like winmerge. Then upload them into your updated forum and away you go. OR make a new style that inherits from prosilver and utilizes your two change css files.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Re: Updating from3.3.0 to a new release within the same version

Post by eeji »

The code changes between versions can also be found on Area51 which are very easy to follow, it's what I use to update my styles.
https://area51.phpbb.com/code-changes/3.3.0/
My phpBB styles: phpbbstyles.oo.gd
My board: iansvivarium.com

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”