Newly registered -> Registered group management

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Balthazarrrr

Newly registered -> Registered group management

Post by Balthazarrrr »

Okay, so I would like to apologize for making a topic about this, but I truly and honestly RTFM'd before I came here.
I've spent about ~20 hours on this and did not make any progress.

- I have a phpBB 3.3.1 forum which was migrated from SMF around ~3.2 times.
- It works great but it has post queue that I seemingly just cannot disable.
Would love to have it set to 1 or 0 (disabled). I don't know which would be the best yet.

So I've tried setting Post limit to 1 or 0 in New Member Registration. But it does not work. People with ~25 posts are still in queue.
Tried installing Auto Group but it does not support moving from Newly -> Registered.

How could I do this? What am I missing?
Is there an extension?

ATM I have ~2000 people stuck in Newly Registered. I could just do a search in SQL I guess and move them by hand (though that may break things). Like IF they have 1 post at least THEN move them to Registered. Not sure if this is a good idea. And then I guess I'd just have to script + cron this?

Ps.: There was an extension mentioned in one of the random online posts saying that setting a new post limit only applies to new registrations and that I should use the "support toolkit". But that tool was updated a long time ago. Tried to put people in Registered by hand, but it seems like it'd take about 3 centuries for me to do that by hand.
david63

Re: Newly registered -> Registered group management

Post by david63 »

Balthazarrrr wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:59 pm
Would love to have it set to 1 or 0 (disabled). I don't know which would be the best yet.
Setting it 0 will disable it. Setting it to 1 will mean that your members will have to have their first post approved.
Balthazarrrr wrote:
But it does not work. People with ~25 posts are still in queue.
Once you disable it then the members will move out of that group the next time they log in.
Balthazarrrr wrote:
ATM I have ~2000 people stuck in Newly Registered
As long as they are also in the Registered Users group then you can quite safely remove them from the NRU group (make a backup first)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Balthazarrrr

Post by Balthazarrrr »

Thank you very much, David63!
The reason why I was thinking about manually moving groups is that even as I adjusted settings, a user had to be approved each time even though he has like 10 posts.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The user is not being approved, It is the post that is being approved. If the user logged in before you made the change and posted, then you would still have to approve that post afterward.
Balthazarrrr

Post by Balthazarrrr »

Ah yeah I guess that was the issue. I tried to "log out everyone" via ACP, let's hope that solves the issue. Set the timer to 1, so we could still ban obvious spammers off the bat. Thanks guys! I will update.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”