[Split] Private Messages email notifications not working p

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
profKroy

[Split] Private Messages email notifications not working p

Post by profKroy »

Is there a way that I can verify if the GoDaddy email server is causing this issue, as was suggested? I'm running in to the very same problem with PM email notifications (though on 3.2.7). However all other email notifications denoted in the UCP are being sent with no issues. No errors being reported in phpBB error logs either.
Last edited by Mick on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Split from https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2555731
Are you a skilled extension developer? I need an extension developed right now. Please PM me if interested.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Split] Private Messages email notifications not working p

Post by Mick »

Have you spoken to GoDaddy?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
profKroy

Post by profKroy »

Mick wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:45 am
Have you spoken to GoDaddy?
Yes, they can't make any determinations but I haven't yet spoken to the "Tier 2" support. I am using php to send emails, so not connected to any SMTP server configured in the phpBB ACP. My thought is to configure phpBB to send through SMTP as a next step. But I think it's odd that all other email notifications work fine. It's just this one feature.
Are you a skilled extension developer? I need an extension developed right now. Please PM me if interested.
profKroy

Post by profKroy »

Another inquiry on this. I continue to test, and still can't seem to get phpBB to fire off an email notification. Advice on some other areas to check that might yield some clues? I am running 3.2.7 and I can't seem to find anything specific to this version. All other email notifications seem to be working fine except the PM notification. PHP Version 7.2.33 fyi.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

profKroy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 am
Is there a way that I can verify if the GoDaddy email server is causing this issue
I see you’re using the php mail function, is it set up as described here: Knowledge Base - EMAIL - Easy setup (NOT SMTP)?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”