Reset default permissions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
JamesV19

Reset default permissions

Post by JamesV19 »

How can I reset all permissions to default?
janus_zonstraal

Re: Reset default permissions

Post by janus_zonstraal »

There is no default setting.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

What do you think you have wrong?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

Go to the ACP - users and groups tab - manage groups - there go to members. Remove them all from groups.

Go to permissions tab - User roles - view assigned items: shows you who uses this role - so you can go and remove it. With this knowledge go back to groups and remove the roles...

That should be a good beginning. If needed you can set all permissions in roles to never once - and sort and set it new.

Assign roles to groups (never to people!), and move members to this groups, when you have sorted your mess.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

The user is having some kind of issue. He/she thinks that the way to correct it is to reset permissions. But until we know what the issue is, your advice might make things worse. So let's find out what the problem is.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”