What does "not downloadable yet" mean for an attached file?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bobg56

What does "not downloadable yet" mean for an attached file?

Post by bobg56 »

I just tried to change things so that .pdf and .docx files could be attached. It seemed to work - I was able to attach files of both types. But after the submitting the post when I view it the attached files they all say "not downloadable yet". HOWEVER when I click on the filename I can download it. Still it's a serious problem because most users will believe the "not downloadable yet" note.

Thanks, Bob
david63

Re: What does "not downloadable yet" mean for an attached file?

Post by david63 »

As far as I can see there is no such message in phpBB core language files. Is this from an extension?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
bobg56

Post by bobg56 »

Thanks for your very prompt response David! All I can tell you is I don't think so. I hired a bright young guy to do the heavy lifting so I suppose it's possible. But we worked pretty closely on this and he ever mentioned any such extension. If it helps here's a screen shot of where the "not downloadable yet" message occurs, except now, having ignored the message and clicked on the filename which was then successfully downloaded, the text is changed to "(xx.xx KiB) Downloaded x time".
Not Downloadable Yet.png
Thanks, Bob
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The word "downloadable" only appears in the Attachments settings pages in the ACP. It you are seeing it on a post, it is probably coming from an extension.
eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji »

As default an attachment will be labelled as "not downloaded yet", are you sure this isn't what you're seeing?
My phpBB styles: phpbbstyles.oo.gd
My board: iansvivarium.com

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”