Prosilver not recognized: this style requires the style "prosilver" to be installed

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Hedorah64

Prosilver not recognized: this style requires the style "prosilver" to be installed

Post by Hedorah64 »

I've updated my forums from 3.1.X to 3.3.1

As instructed, before upgrading I disabled all styles except Prosilver and set Prosilver as the default.

After upgrading, prosilver is now the only style on the board. I have uninstalled the others. I'm now trying to upload new ones, compatible with 3.3.1 and based on prosilver, but always get the same message:

Code: Select all

This style requires the style "prosilver" to be installed
However, Prosilver is installed. It's installed, active and in the default folder named "prosilver" as it was inside the full package for 3.3.1

I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious here for why I'm running into issues.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Re: Prosilver not recognized: this style requires the style "prosilver" to be installed

Post by ssl »

Hi
This message is very strange it seems to say that prosilver is uninstalled
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Prosilver not recognized: this style requires the style "prosilver" to be installed

Post by Mick »

Hedorah64 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:57 amI've updated my forums from 3.1.X to 3.3.1
How did you do that, by what method?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Hedorah64

Post by Hedorah64 »

ssl wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 am Hi
Yeah, which is odd since it's the only style currently installed.
Mick wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:55 am
Hedorah64 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:57 amI've updated my forums from 3.1.X to 3.3.1
How did you do that, by what method?
I followed the steps in this guide: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade31/
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Hedorah64 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:29 pm Yeah, which is odd since it's the only style currently installed.
Can you post the contents of the styles table.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Hedorah64

Post by Hedorah64 »

warmweer wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:45 pm Can you post the contents of the styles table.
Sure, here it is:

phpbb_styles

style_id 

style_name 
Kaiju Outline (Purple)

style_copyright
© phpBB Group

style_active

style_path
prosilver

bbcode_bitfield
//g=

style_parent_id

style_parent_tree

Note: last one is blank
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Backup database first. ;)

What I'm about to suggest is probably the long way around but it should fix any possible issues and any down the road.

Go into the styles folder from download package and make a copy of the prosilver folder and rename it prosilvertemp. In prosilvertemp open the file style.cfg in a text editor like notepad++. Edit the name and parent values so it has different name than prosilver and save.

# General Information about this style
name = prosilvertemp
copyright = © phpBB Limited, 2007
style_version = 3.3.1
phpbb_version = 3.3.1

# Defining a different template bitfield
# template_bitfield = //g=

# Parent style
# Set value to empty or to this style's name if this style does not have a parent style
parent = prosilvertemp
Upload prosilvertemp to styles folder. Go into phpBB ACP to install prosilvertemp and set as default. Uinstall "prosilver" in ACP, then using FTP delete the prosilver folder in styles directory. Upload the prosilver folder from download package, go into phpBB ACP to install and set as default. You can now uninstall prosilvertemp and delte folder using ACP.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Hedorah64 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:29 pm
ssl wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:15 am Hi
Yeah, which is odd since it's the only style currently installed.
Maybe due to a bad migration to another phpBB branch
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
Hedorah64

Post by Hedorah64 »

thecoalman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:21 amWhat I'm about to suggest is probably the long way around but it should fix any possible issues and any down the road.
I had high hopes, but this didn't work sadly.

What did work was renaming the style in the ACP to "prosilver" from a custom name... which is odd, since the folder and everything is still "prosilver". I'm not used to this limitation with 3.1.x

That said, it's workable. I'm just renaming the style to "prosilver" in ACP every time I want to install a new style and then name it back to the custom name afterwards.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

What failed to work? If you followed these directions specifically it should have correct values in the database and a fresh copy of prosilver files on the server.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Hedorah64

Post by Hedorah64 »

thecoalman wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am What failed to work? If you followed these directions specifically it should have correct values in the database and a fresh copy of prosilver files on the server.
Sorry, just realized my reply before might have seemed ungrateful for your help which was not the intent and do appreciate the assistance.

Anyway, the problem after doing these directions was the same. It was giving this message when I tried to install another style after having the fresh copy of Prosilver on the server:

However, I did the added step of renaming prosilver to a custom display name on phpbb in the ACP for end users. What I discovered is that this stopped the system from detecting that prosilver was installed for me to install other styles. When I changed the display name in ACP to "prosilver", the other styles recognized it and could be installed. Not sure if this is expected behavior or not, but it didn't work this way in 3.1.X

Anyway, my work around is just to change the name of the style to "prosilver" whenever I need to install a style (having the custom name in ACP doesn't seem to impact already installed styles, just trying to install a new one based on prosilver).
ahh72
Name: @l€x

Post by ahh72 »

Hedorah64 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:42 pm
thecoalman wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am What failed to work? If you followed these directions specifically it should have correct values in the database and a fresh copy of prosilver files on the server.
Sorry, just realized my reply before might have seemed ungrateful for your help which was not the intent and do appreciate the assistance.

Anyway, the problem after doing these directions was the same. It was giving this message when I tried to install another style after having the fresh copy of Prosilver on the server:

However, I did the added step of renaming prosilver to a custom display name on phpbb in the ACP for end users. What I discovered is that this stopped the system from detecting that prosilver was installed for me to install other styles. When I changed the display name in ACP to "prosilver", the other styles recognized it and could be installed. Not sure if this is expected behavior or not, but it didn't work this way in 3.1.X

Anyway, my work around is just to change the name of the style to "prosilver" whenever I need to install a style (having the custom name in ACP doesn't seem to impact already installed styles, just trying to install a new one based on prosilver).
Hello, could you explain to me in detail what you did to correct that error? I have the same problem and it has appeared to me after updating my forum from version 3.1.9 to version 3.3.4 and I don't see a way to install another style.

Thanks in advance
- URL: http://www.peruvoley.com/foro
- Hosting: http://www.rogohosting.com
- phpBB version: 3.3.4
- Style: prosilver
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I've noticed something similar a couple of times when "fixing" boards which couldn't be upgraded properly. (and just last week there was a board with the same problem)

The common factor was always (if memory serves me right), that prosilver wasn't the default style and style_id was not 1.
All the boards having this feature were 3.0 boards at one time or another (some converted v2s).
The solution I used was "'fixing" the 3.0 before the upgrade : just editing the style tables and the config table.

For clarity's sake: I'm not saying that that's the cause, but the fact that when the style and config tables contain the "default" values, the problem is "miraculously" gone is a) reassuring and b) could point to the area in which to look for clues.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

ahh72
Name: @l€x

Post by ahh72 »

warmweer wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 pm I've noticed something similar a couple of times when "fixing" boards which couldn't be upgraded properly. (and just last week there was a board with the same problem)

The common factor was always (if memory serves me right), that prosilver wasn't the default style and style_id was not 1.
All the boards having this feature were 3.0 boards at one time or another (some converted v2s).
The solution I used was "'fixing" the 3.0 before the upgrade : just editing the style tables and the config table.

For clarity's sake: I'm not saying that that's the cause, but the fact that when the style and config tables contain the "default" values, the problem is "miraculously" gone is a) reassuring and b) could point to the area in which to look for clues.
I have no idea how to do that. :? :? :?
- URL: http://www.peruvoley.com/foro
- Hosting: http://www.rogohosting.com
- phpBB version: 3.3.4
- Style: prosilver
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Hedorah64 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:42 pm ...
Before trying the following take a backup (of at least the styles_table)

For 3.1.x you could empty the styles_table and then run this sql (change phpbb_ if you're using another prefix)

INSERT INTO `phpbb_styles` (`style_id`, `style_name`, `style_copyright`, `style_active`, `style_path`, `bbcode_bitfield`, `style_parent_id`, `style_parent_tree`) VALUES (NULL, 'prosilver', '© phpBB Limited', '1', 'prosilver', 'kNg=', '0', '')
For 3.3 it would be:

INSERT INTO `phpbb_styles` (`style_id`, `style_name`, `style_copyright`, `style_active`, `style_path`, `bbcode_bitfield`, `style_parent_id`, `style_parent_tree`) VALUES (NULL, 'prosilver', '© phpBB Limited', '1', 'prosilver', '//g=', '0', '') 

The point of the above = to fill the styles_table with data as if it where a clean installation.
In the config_table , make sure (edit if necessary) that the default style = 1 >>> (which is now prosilver)
In the users_table: set style to 1 for all users (to get rid of any other numbers which are not installed)..
Clear board cache, and after confirming that your board functions properly, install new styles if you want and let you users change their style if they want to (don't bother with doing yourself that for your users).

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”