Error message - just looking for explanations...

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bimjim

Error message - just looking for explanations...

Post by bimjim »

I just updated from 3.2.3 to 3.3.2, and suddenly I get this error message when I log into the admin section (php has been advanced by the provider to v7.4).

(* Extensions installed are very basic.)

-- My first question is, how come now I have all these "vendors"? A vendor is someone who sells something. So what are they selling, and do these folders give them back door access to my server account?

-- My second question is, how can I get rid of these error messages in my admin section?

-- Third/Fourth question... YamlFile? Symfony? DependencyInjection? ConfigurationPass? Sounds like hacker-talk to me... and who are Bantu, Composer, Ralouphie, Guzzlehttp, Ircmaxell, Lusitanian (sunken ship?), Marc1706, Ocramius, Paragonie and their friends when they are in their patchwork of a Zendframework with a Twig?

Sorry, I am becoming suspicious and it does not sound very kosher.

Thanks in advance...

Jim

--

Error messages...

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: The file "root/ext/david63/emaillist/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @config").

#0 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->loadFile()
#1 root/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(99): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->load()
#2 root/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(63): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load_services()
#3 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(71): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load()
#4 root/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/DependencyInjection/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(39): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process()
#5 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(140): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process()
#6 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(789): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile()
#7 root/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(212): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#8 root/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#9 root/adm/index.php(23): require('/usr/home/carib...')
#10 {main}
P_I

Re: Error message - just looking for explanations...

Post by P_I »

bimjim wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:31 pm
Error messages...

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Code: Select all

Exception: The file "root/ext/david63/emaillist/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @config").
I've added [code] tags to better display the error message.

Two part answer, first Extension Email list by David63
david63 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:51 pm
I do not support the Email list extension as the same functionality, and more, can be found in my User Details extension
Since you upgrading from phpBB 3.2.3 to 3.3.2 I would suggest using [3.2][3.3][RC] Extension .yml check to ensure that all your extensions have the correct syntax.

I leave the other questions to members of the phpBB development team, but "vendor" directories are common, MediaWiki has one as does WordPress. Why re-invent the coding wheel when you can use a framework or toolset from another "vendor".
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

Thank you, I will work on that.
Jim
david63

Post by david63 »

Vendor in this context refers to a "supplier" - in this case a supplier of a code package. These have been in phpBB since 3.1 days so there is nothing new about them The names that you mention are the authors of the packages
bimjim wrote:
when I log into the admin section (php has been advanced by the provider to v7.4).
That is not a phpBB error message (or at least one that I have never seen)
bimjim wrote:
I am becoming suspicious and it does not sound very kosher.
All fine and above board - nothing to worry about.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

Installed. On accessing the Extensions tab I immediately got this error.

--

Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: You have requested a non-existent service "david63.sitelogo.admin.controller". in root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php:1060 Stack trace: #0 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(620): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition() #1 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(588): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->doGet() #2 root/ext/david63/sitelogo/acp/sitelogo_module.php(24): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get() #3 root/includes/functions_module.php(676): david63\sitelogo\acp\sitelogo_module->main() #4 root/adm/index.php(81): p_master->load_active() #5 {main} thrown in root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 1060
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

bimjim wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:18 pm
Installed. On accessing the Extensions tab I immediately got this error.
You need to disable all extensions first. Then only enable david63's yaml checker( no other extensions).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

I can't do that the usual way, since I cannot get past the extensions tab, so I guess I FTP the extensions out of the folder, then Purge the cache from the admin panel, put this extension back in and try again?
david63

Post by david63 »

bimjim wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:28 pm
I can't do that the usual way, since I cannot get past the extensions tab, so I guess I FTP the extensions out of the folder, then Purge the cache from the admin panel, put this extension back in and try again?
No that will not work. Knowledge Base - Disabling all extensions at once
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

Disabled all, one at a time, the .yml Files Syntax Check produces...

--

Email list david63 1.0.0 Disabled The services.yml file is invalid

Common errors
Some of the common reasons for the errors reported above may be due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- A single quote is missing when preceeding either “@” or “%”
- “pattern” has been replaced with “path”
- “scope: prototype” has become “shared: false”
- “scope: container” has become “shared: true”
- “scope: request” has also been changed but needs further checking as to what the repacement is”
- An extension’s namespace will be reported as invalid if it contains an underscore.
If in doubt about what to change, or how to change it, then firstly check to see if there is an updated version of the extension available and if not then contact the extension developer in the support topic for the extension.

--

Contents of the yml file for the email list extension...

services:
david63.emaillist.admin.controller:
class: david63\emaillist\controller\admin_controller
arguments:
- @config
- @dbal.conn
- @request
- @template
- @user
- @service_container
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

I added the suggested ' before each @ (note returned above), put that file back as the yml, and no errors now. I will activate each extension in turn and see what happens.

services:
arguments:
- '@config
- '@dbal.conn
- '@request
- '@template
- ''@user
- '@service_container
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

Curses! Original errors are back.

Disabled all again, errors come back ONLY with email list extension.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

bimjim wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:08 pm
arguments:

- ''@user
still a " instead of a '.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
david63

Post by david63 »

bimjim wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:08 pm
I added the suggested ' before each @
That is not what the extension tells you to do - if you expand the line it will tell you what need correcting
David
bimjim

Post by bimjim »

It was actually two single quotes - the key must have bounced. I made the change, deleted the yml file from the server (just to be sure), and replaced it fresh.
--
services:
arguments:
- '@config
- '@dbal.conn
- '@request
- '@template
- '@user
- '@service_container
--

Then I disabled all the extensions but the yml checker (I got the red area errors otherwise) and ran the yml checker. All of the yml files in the extensions are declared OK.

Now: Email list david63 1.0.0 Disabled The services.yml file is valid

So now it's not the yml file any more, and I did not see anywhere to expend the line (as you suggested).

Back in the Extensions Manager I enabled just the email list, returned to the Extensions manager and Refreshed, and voila, all the red area errors again.
--

Exception: The file "root/ext/david63/emaillist/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: Unexpected characters near "@dbal.conn - '@request - '@template - '@user - '@service_container" at line 10 (near "- '@service_container").

#0 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->loadFile()
#1 root/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(99): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->load()
#2 root/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(63): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load_services()
#3 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(71): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load()
#4 root/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/DependencyInjection/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(39): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process()
#5 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(140): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process()
#6 root/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(789): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile()
#7 root/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(212): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#8 root/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#9 root/adm/index.php(23): require('/usr/home/carib...')
#10 {main}
--

Obviously I am missing something here. Could it be the underscore in service_container??

I have programmer training but that's not my main line and I have not done any for a while.

Thanks,

Jim
Last edited by bimjim on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”