NEW MEMBERS RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Socrates1

NEW MEMBERS RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE

Post by Socrates1 »

Evening guys...

Hoping that someone can help me out here...

I am running 3.3.1 and My Forum is receiving an Error Message that states the following whenever someone tries to 'Sign Up' as a new member:

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'field list' [1054]

Any ideas ?

I have tried to create a new Registration myself and I am also finding the same message as my new member etc...

Kind regards

Steve
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: NEW MEMBERS RECEIVING ERROR MESSAGE

Post by KevC »

Upload a new copy of
includes/functions_user.php

If you updated recently it's likely that file wasn't overwritten (any maybe others).
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Socrates1

Post by Socrates1 »

Evening Kev,

Thanks for your reply...

You are correct in that I did recently Update my Phpbb version, and its already saying that there is another new version available.

The Last time I updated, it crashed my whole system, and I did not have my most recent BUP in play... Hence, it was all a costly and sad 'Time Consuming' exercise, and to be honest, I am not not looking forward to a repeat of any sort etc...

Not being as proficient at all of this as you guys... It all takes me a lot more time to do all of this stuff...

Nevertheless, I will perform a new BUP tomorrow, and start again I guess... If that is the only way around all of this... (?)

Thanks again

Steve
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

If you have no hard coded edits, it's just a case of uploading all new files (except config.php) and running the database update.
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Socrates1 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm
Please post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". Please do not post in ALL CAPITALS, use 'txt spk' or use excessive formatting.
Socrates1

Post by Socrates1 »

Thanks again Kev...

Not sure how to actually Upload just the file (?)

My apologies also for having used ALL Caps for the Subject...

Obviously, I am green to all of this stuff and just battling along as best I can...

My website is a Self-Help Forum for Rare Blood Cancer patients, who all speak with each other to learn more about their conditions, bcause they are so rare, most doctors are poorly informed etc...

I will muddle on, and thanks so much again for your assistance

Steve
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Re-uploading just the one file is certainly easy enough to check and rule out.

You might also want to review the installed extensions, for whether one or more of them hasn't actually been updated for phpBB 3.3.x compatibility. Or, that the updated version which is compatible with phpBB 3.3.x has not yet been installed on your board.

Because even if you have all the right phpBB files uploaded, it can actually be an extension which still expected to use user_email_hash, which no longer exists in phpBB 3.3.0 and later. OneAll Social Login was one such extension a couple people here encountered, but certainly not the only extension which could be trying to perform registration-related actions which presumed user_email_hash must still be handled.
Socrates1

Post by Socrates1 »

Hey there ...

Thanks for your input also EA117... Unfortunately, I do not know enough to even begin to know how to interrogate specific files etc...

(Re-uploading just the one file is certainly easy enough to check and rule out)

I guess I shall just have to muddle through as best I am able...

Thanks again

Steve
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Just re-upload the /includes folder then.

With any update you need to upload new files. You connect by FTP or through your cpanel file manager and you drag files and folders from your computer side to the server side. It's no different to moving a file from one folder to another on your own computer.
Cheap UK Hosting
Socrates1

Post by Socrates1 »

Thanks guys... :D

After many false starts, it seems that copying the File you advised KevC: (includes/functions_user.php), has solved the problem of 'New Members' not being able to Sign Up etc...

However, I have opted to just continue using the older incarnation of PhpBB, (3.3.2), because I am simply so happy to have the old FORUM back and functioning once more...

Thank you all again...

Stay safe & well

Steve
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Socrates1 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:20 pm
However, I have opted to just continue using the older incarnation of PhpBB, (3.3.2), because I am simply so happy to have the old FORUM back and functioning once more...
This is inconsistent with your opening post
Socrates1 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm
I am running 3.3.1
If you have tried the update and your database is now version 3.3.2, then using 3.3.1 files is not a good idea.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.
Socrates1

Re: New Members Receiving Error Message

Post by Socrates1 »

Apologies Warmweer...

Its was very late and a long day yesterday... I meant 3.3.1

Thanks

Steve

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”