How to change wording on message when accessing forum without proper permissions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
fpena911

How to change wording on message when accessing forum without proper permissions

Post by fpena911 »

When a user goes into my site and selects a forum where they do not have the proper permissions they receive the default message of:

"You do not have the required permissions to view or read topics within this forum."

How can I change this so that I not only provide different text but also can add a hyperlink to a different page where they can register?

I tried to look at the language files and couldn't find this message there, is it in one of the template files? If so which one?

Thank you!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: How to change wording on message when accessing forum without proper permissions

Post by stevemaury »

language/en/viewforum.php line 56
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
david63

Re: How to change wording on message when accessing forum without proper permissions

Post by david63 »

fpena911 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:12 am
add a hyperlink to a different page where they can register
But registered users can also see this message if they try to access a topic/post that they do not have permission to do so.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
fpena911

Post by fpena911 »

stevemaury wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:12 am
language/en/viewforum.php line 56
Thank you!

I thought I searched this file but I guess I must have overlooked it.

david63 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 am
fpena911 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:12 am
add a hyperlink to a different page where they can register
But registered users can also see this message if they try to access a topic/post that they do not have permission to do so.
Understood. I shouldn't have many of those situations except for this particular instance that I am trying to customize the message for.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”