URL links

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Joost01
Name: Joost

URL links

Post by Joost01 »

Hello,

My forum use long URL's i have problems with this urls. :roll:
One of the problems, as i copy a link and i will open this link in a new tab than logged out the forum me. How can i solved this problem and make the url shorter?

example:
scr1.PNG
scr1.PNG (4 KiB) Viewed 815 times
scr2.PNG
scr2.PNG (3.4 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Many thanks for your time and help.

Regards, Joost
Board version: 3.3.3
Board language: Dutch
Style: Prosilver (Dark Edition)
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: URL links

Post by stevemaury »

If your cookie settings were correct, everything after the sid= would be gone. Also, the logging out issue may be related to incorrect cookie settings. What are your cookie settings?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Joost01

Post by Joost01 »

stevemaury wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:53 pm
If your cookie settings were correct, everything after the sid= would be gone. Also, the logging out issue may be related to incorrect cookie settings. What are your cookie settings?
Here my cookie settings:
scr.PNG
Noxwizard
Support Team Leader
Support Team Leader
Name: Patrick Webster

Post by Noxwizard »

I see that your site is behind CloudFlare. Have you made the changes necessary to restore user IPs? If not, you will run into problems with session mismatches due to every user having the same IP.

CloudFlare provides several ways to fix this: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... isitor-IPs
If you're on shared hosting, they will have to do that for you. Though if they're offering it as a "switch", they should already have something in place to fix this.

If your host won't fix it on their end, you can install an extension to at least fix it in phpBB: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... nmasked_ip
[Support Template] - [Read Before Posting] - [phpBB Knowledge Base]
Do not contact me for private support, please share the question in our forums.
Joost01

Post by Joost01 »

Noxwizard wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:18 pm
I see that your site is behind CloudFlare. Have you made the changes necessary to restore user IPs? If not, you will run into problems with session mismatches due to every user having the same IP.

CloudFlare provides several ways to fix this: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... isitor-IPs
If you're on shared hosting, they will have to do that for you. Though if they're offering it as a "switch", they should already have something in place to fix this.

If your host won't fix it on their end, you can install an extension to at least fix it in phpBB: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... nmasked_ip
Yes, i'm using CloudFlare and i have buy a webhosting, i don't now or i can change this files. For now have i add the extension on my forum, i don't see a different result on this moment.
I have clear the cache of course in the ACP.

Edit, i have send you a PB
Joost01

Post by Joost01 »

How can i solved this issue, my forum logged me out as i click on the banner and links: "Home" and "Forum Index". :roll:
Onnozel Manneke
Name: Loki Heimdall

Post by Onnozel Manneke »

Go to cloudflare, you can empty the cloudflare cache. Somewere in the dashboard...
Joost01

Post by Joost01 »

Onnozel Manneke wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 pm
Go to cloudflare, you can empty the cloudflare cache. Somewere in the dashboard...
Not working. :(
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

There is something wrong with your domain name.
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_u’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_k’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_sid’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
and
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d824bd38abccde60df0b4472540fcf2bd1614245312; expires=Sat, 27-Mar-21 09:28:32 GMT; path=/; domain=.tovenaarsforum.nl; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax, tovenaars_forum_u=1; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly, tovenaars_forum_k=; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly, tovenaars_forum_sid=325cbe8c4250107ca1969a34fec03116; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly
Where is this domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl coming from?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Joost01

Post by Joost01 »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:33 am
There is something wrong with your domain name.
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_u’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_k’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
Cookie ‘tovenaars_forum_sid’ is geweigerd vanwege ongeldig domein. www.tovenaarsforum.nl
and
Set-Cookie: __cfduid=d824bd38abccde60df0b4472540fcf2bd1614245312; expires=Sat, 27-Mar-21 09:28:32 GMT; path=/; domain=.tovenaarsforum.nl; HttpOnly; SameSite=Lax, tovenaars_forum_u=1; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly, tovenaars_forum_k=; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly, tovenaars_forum_sid=325cbe8c4250107ca1969a34fec03116; expires=Fri, 25-Feb-2022 09:28:31 GMT; path=/; domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl; secure; HttpOnly
Where is this domain=forums.tovenaarsforum.nl coming from?
I don't now. Do you know the correct settings for me? I use CloudFlare for the SSL certificate. :roll:
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Where comes the forums.tovenaarsforum.nl from, it must be somewhere is a setting.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Have you tried
.tovenaarsforum.nl
It's used by _cfduid-cookie and also mentioned in your certificate.

Added:
I see you have a dot at the end of the cookiename. That used to cause problems (not sure if that's still the case) so just change the cookiename to exclude that possibility: use only alphanumeric characters (underscore and dash are allowed)

Also check: Security settings -> Session IP Validation -> set that to None
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”