“Last edited by” date/time incorrect

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Dr_Bob

“Last edited by” date/time incorrect

Post by Dr_Bob »

Odd thing I’ve noted for the last few updates (could’ve been there longer)...the “last edited by” line has a totally wrong date.
As in..

Last edited by [myusername] on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''

My date/time in server and forum are correct.
I’ve tried...
-re-setting the “post last edited” in ACP
-re-editing a post
-re-inputting the date/time

Site: PedsAnesthesia.Net/forum

Curious if this is easily fixed.
janus_zonstraal

Re: “Last edited by” date/time incorrect

Post by janus_zonstraal »

What is the time setting in your UPC?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Dr_Bob

Post by Dr_Bob »

I think it is correct.
86DF60CF-F74E-4C7F-8F57-76492465C045.jpeg
Seems like it is supposed to pull it from the PHP date function?
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Have you tried testing it on vanilla phpBB (or at least no extensions/custom modifications & default prosilver)?
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Dr_Bob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:00 am Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
That would be "zero".
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

What is your setting in the ACP, Posting tab, for "Display last edited time"? And what style are you using?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
halil16
Name: Halil

Post by halil16 »

I think I found it. If you have played with watches before, the clock setting and the general clock setting of the forum may be different for you. Can you check the clock on your own User Control Panel?
* Hire me at fiverr for your phpBB board.
"The day we will need ideas more than possessions, we will find the secret to true wealth." - Peyami Safa
I'm learning English...
Contributions: #Hashtag, Elegance, Latte
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

Dr_Bob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:00 am Last edited by [myusername] on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Does the incorrect time show for all users and guests or just specific members?

If all, is it specific to some posts or all posts that have been edited?

Are these recently edited posts or long ago edited posts, perhaps from a phpBB 2.x time? I seem to recall some timestamp issues on a board that I upgraded from phpBB 2.2.x.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
EA117

Post by EA117 »

Dr_Bob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:00 am Last edited by [myusername] on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: ''
It's not obvious, but there is a hint there with the "Reason:" being displayed as an empty set of single quotes (''). That doesn't mean "the edit reason was blank"; that means "the edit reason contains two characters, and is a set of empty single quotes." i.e. It's a non-empty edit reason.

Everything else in the display seems to suggest "there wasn't actually any edit reason" at the time the edit was submitted, and the edit reason was intended to be blank. Because when no edit reason is provided when submitting the edit, phpBB does not update post_edit_count or post_edit_time during the edit submission.

But when it came time to display the post, now phpBB is behaving as though the edit reason is '' rather than blank. And so phpBB is attempting to compose the EDITED_MESSAGE template variable that styles will display using the data phpBB normally uses for this, but neither post_edit_count nor post_edit_time are defined for this post.

Which is what gives the unexpected "edited 0 times in total" display, of course. But that's also why the time stamp is consistently "Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm", too. Because that's also "just a zero value", but with your time zone offset applied to the zero value. i.e. Not a matter of your server time being wrong or 1969, but simply "an unexpectedly zero value being displayed through normal time display mechanisms."

You previously asserted that you've tried re-editing posts now, such that the time should have been "today":
Dr_Bob wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:00 am -re-editing a post
Which implies "this is an ongoing problem, and happens even to posts I edit right now." Otherwise I was liking P_I's idea of somehow just "old posts" or maybe a restored database backup having performed a one-time mangling of the otherwise-blank post_edit_reason columns, such that now they contained a pair of single quotes instead.

To be an ongoing issue though, that would make me want to suspect that an extension is smashing the post row data during viewtopic.php. Do you have any extensions added to phpBB which perhaps you could disable at least as a test, to see if the behavior continues?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

prosilver style.cfg mention 3.3.3

You've got a certificate but you're not enforcing use of https://, nor is cookie_secure enabled

Also I'm getting tons of warnings in my webinspector along the lines of
Cookie “phpbb3_a8z4q_sid” (and _k and _u)will be soon treated as cross-site cookie against “https://pedsanesthesia.net/forum/ext/vi ... ersion=106” because the scheme does not match. (just about every.css or php-file accessed produces that)

I'm acting as a scout here because I've never seen this before - 3, 6 even 9 yes but there are about 50 lines of errors (and my guess is that that's a limit to what the browser can show) and I haven't a clue.

The line I posted mentions the shareon extension, so I would certainly do as EA117 suggests and temporarily disable all extensions to see what that gives.

halil16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm I think I found it. If you have played with watches before, the clock setting and the general clock setting of the forum may be different for you. Can you check the clock on your own User Control Panel?
And how would that explain Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm? I presume you do know what that date implies?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Dr_Bob

Post by Dr_Bob »

stevemaury wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:52 pm What is your setting in the ACP, Posting tab, for "Display last edited time"? And what style are you using?
All dates/times are correct.
Prosilver (not modified)
Dr_Bob

Post by Dr_Bob »

halil16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:06 pm I think I found it. If you have played with watches before, the clock setting and the general clock setting of the forum may be different for you. Can you check the clock on your own User Control Panel?
All dates/times INSIDE the program seem ok. (ACP Board time, unable to find a personal time in my control panel on the forum)
Not sure what else you might mean. My COMPUTER time is correct too.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

See ucp.php?i=165 for your UPC time
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Dr_Bob

Post by Dr_Bob »

warmweer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:05 pm prosilver style.cfg mention 3.3.3

You've got a certificate but you're not enforcing use of https://, nor is cookie_secure enabled

Also I'm getting tons of warnings in my webinspector along the lines of
Cookie “phpbb3_a8z4q_sid” (and _k and _u)will be soon treated as cross-site cookie against “https://pedsanesthesia.net/forum/ext/vi ... ersion=106” because the scheme does not match. (just about every.css or php-file accessed produces that)

I'm acting as a scout here because I've never seen this before - 3, 6 even 9 yes but there are about 50 lines of errors (and my guess is that that's a limit to what the browser can show) and I haven't a clue.

The line I posted mentions the shareon extension, so I would certainly do as EA117 suggests and temporarily disable all extensions to see what that gives.

And how would that explain Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm? I presume you do know what that date implies?
Hmmm.. Lot's here. (and most of it is now over my head.)
FWIW This is basically a new installation of 3.3.3 ( I can never update the system, so I just re-install it and add in the appropriate folders as instructed. I hope that hasn't bungled something.)

I do not know what a "cross-site cookie" means. Should I "Resynchronise or reset statistics" to clean things up? (I never do this)

I just disabled ALL of the extensions I had (Change post time, phpBB Media embed Plugin, Share On, Sortables Captcha)...and it still happens, for my login name as well as a non-administrator dummy name.

I do not know what the date implies? A "zero" date? Null data?
Dr_Bob

Post by Dr_Bob »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 pm See ucp.php?i=165 for your UPC time
Mine is correct, but doesn't offer a "suggestion"

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”