Page Titles displaying Wrong

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mrix2000

Re: Page Titles displaying Wrong

Post by mrix2000 »

I thought the issue had been resolved within most of my sub forums but a couple of members commented that when they clicked on the quick links, Your Post, New Posts, Unread posts the pages that get displayed still have many titles messed up :(
I have tried it myself and only now get the issue when using the quick links feature :?
Once again I dont see the issue here at the official forum using the quick links but my forum has a fixed width.
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

If custom style/theme is not working as it should after those 2 fix methods, that can be found on last 2 pages, then you should look into flex or grid.. It is a lot easier to work with those, than with floats and fixed width. Maybe someone from styles forum (or the ones that like to play with styles) can help you out, if it is too difficult for you to solve.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
canam800er

Post by canam800er »

As long as this problem exists, I have created a small extension. You don't have to change anything in the style itself.
Sorry for my bad english, I am German and translated with DeepL!
My Extensionen!
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

I am wondering why the only issue I have now in Chrome and Edge is with the Quick links pages, the Quick link pages are often used by my members to see their specific posts etc. Why would these pages continue to show the issue. :cry: :?
The issue still remains mainly with the top three links in the Quick Links drop down menu...
/search.php?search_id=egosearch
/search.php?search_id=newposts
/search.php?search_id=unreadposts

Thanks for any feedback
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Change your current style to prosilver & test again or test the latest fix on previous page. Your current theme needs to be updated (re-design that table part) as it is not responsible. Best place to get help with it is in styles discussion forum, as there are many good people who play with styles all the time.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

GanstaZ wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:58 pm Change your current style to prosilver & test again or test the latest fix on previous page.
Hello I can understand the pro-silver theme will work in normal width and I am unlikely to get the issue, however mentioned earlier on in this thread the issue appears to more to do with fixed width themes, My present theme draws its information directly from the Prosilver theme.
Last edited by mrix2000 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

Actually the issue shows here on this phpbb forum, as a test reduce the window size of the Browser by clicking on the twin overlapping square box icon highest point top right of Browser then after click the Quick Links drop down menu and click the Your Posts link and you will see the overlap title issue.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

nope, no problem at all no matter how small the window gets. using firefox 70

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:31 am nope, no problem at all no matter how small the window gets. using firefox 70
robert

From what we can establish this problem mainly appears to be more Chrome / Edge related but when it comes to Firefox I have never had this problem.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Once again, this problem can be fixed by changing the float tag from left to none:
Attachments
left-none.png
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello mrix2000,
is your custom style "Mirix" updated to phpBB-3.3.3? The inheritance according to the schemes into those stylesheet.css for the system phpBB-3.3.3 ....

I´ve found yesterday:
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/normalize.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/base.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/utilities.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/common.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/links.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/content.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/buttons.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/cp.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/forms.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/icons.css?v=3.3");
@import url("../../prosilver/theme/responsive.css?v=3.3");
@import url("colours.css?v=3.3.0");
@import url("common.css?v=3.3.0");
is not correct in my opinion, as the CSS rules are read in order and executed, as you know. Thus, CSS partial meadow is loaded twice and overrides instructions = The import (common.css) are therefore not okay at last from my experience.
And which common.css is actually loaded and what are at last the actually CSS statement for .topic-poster.left-box? Yesterday I found
two differents entries for

Code: Select all

.topic-poster.left-box {
The "display errors" are corrected adjusted in my view by this extension
viewtopic.php?p=15687701#p15687701 or
by this correction
viewtopic.php?p=15687486#p15687486 (assuming the CSS is loaded in correct order).
Or do you have detrimental experiences?

:?: Maybe it is advisable to use paid support to switch the pages (board and shop) to a responsive layout etc. and / or create new concepts? So look perhaps here:
viewforum.php?f=656

BTW: This page https://www.mrixadvertising.co.uk/

is no longer available since yesterday afternoon from here (long load times give a timeout):
Error: network timeout
The server at mrixadvertising.co.uk needs too long to send an answer.
mrixadvtimeout.png
In this respect, on my part no help is possible, many greetings and best wishes :)
Best regards
phpBB3 Designs - My own works: Stylearea Ongray-Designs, Adventinducement-Calendar for phpBB
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

Hello as I explained even with this official phpbb forum here if I reduce the window size using the Chrome Browser I still see the same issue here.
Can anyone else using chrome replicate what I am explaining ?
First reduce the window size then click the quick links menu, then click Your Posts within that page are your titles messed up ?
Please let me know :)
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

mrix2000 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:41 pm Hello as I explained even with this official phpbb forum here if I reduce the window size using the Chrome Browser I still see the same issue here.
Can anyone else using chrome replicate what I am explaining ?
How about viewtopic.php?p=15685231#p15685231.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
mrix2000

Post by mrix2000 »

P_I wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:52 pm How about viewtopic.php?p=15685231#p15685231.
Yes that is exactly the issue that still remains for me at my forum and this one when the window size is reduced, the issue occurs on my forum as it has a fixed width, its never once been a issue until the latest Chrome update, I have tried the various fixes / suggested here including the extension a member created which did fix most of the problems but the issue still remains within those Quick Links search pages as it does on this forum when using chrome.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Try going back five posts and see my reply.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”