Mass Email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Chainplate

Mass Email

Post by Chainplate »

Okay, I admit it: I'm in way over my head. I'm not even sure you guys are speaking English. Regardless, I find myself now the Administrator for a Forum (Version 3.3.0) and I'd like to send a mass email to all members (a whopping 73 people - at least, I hope they're all people) but when I log in as Administrator and go to System, there's nothing there about 'Mass Email'. I've read the Administrator Manual (I even downloaded it), looked at all the FAQs and searched the knowledge base but I can't find how to do it. Please forgive my ignorance. I thank you in advance for your help.
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unneeded formatting removed
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Mass Email

Post by HiFiKabin »

In the ACP
screenshot_601.jpg
david63

Post by david63 »

It may be that you do not have the relevant permissions to to send mass emails. Being an board Admin does not automatically confer permission to do everything so a lot may depend on how you "found yourself to be Administrator"
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Go to ACP, Manage users, type in your username, Submit, and see if the radio button for Founder is Yes or No. If No, you can't send mass email. Do you have access to the database? Do you have FTP access to the Board's files?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Chainplate

Post by Chainplate »

Thank you very much for the replies. As it turns out, I am not the Founder, therefore cannot send mass emails (why is that?). I am going to abstain from answering other questions you asked even though my ignorance might give you a chuckle at my expense (I have no idea what an FTP is).

Please stay healthy and safe.

-Chainplate
Last edited by KevC on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: huge font removed
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You do not need to be a founder to send mass email, you just need the admin permission "Can send mass email". It is set to "no" by default for standard admins.
david63

Post by david63 »

Chainplate wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:26 pm I have no idea what an FTP is
Can I suggest that you do a little research on this as if you are going to be the main Admin you will need to be able to use ftp in order to update/upgrade your board.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”