Reset password does not work?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
janus_zonstraal

Re: Reset password does not work?

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Can you find the
unknown column reset token
in your database?
If yes, try to delete the column, after making a good backup and see if that helps.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Generally speaking it's bad idea to update software that is experiencing issues as you may compound the problem. Same thing applies with failed updates, just because things appear to be working doesn't mean they are. e.g. you find out down the road the reset password link doesn't work.

The problem you have as noted is likely the result of failed update. While it may be the only problem if insertion of one column failed there may be other problems you are unaware of.

First go into the ACP and confirm what version is listed.

Second go into your hosting control panel and find phpMyadmin. Open the database used for phpBB, it may already be open.

On the top click the export tab.
Under export method select "Custom - display all possible options"
Under tables heading next to "select all" uncheck data ***This is very important because you will uploading this file and we don't want dump of the data.***

If you have other software installed that uses this database there may be tables there, all of your phpBB tables should have phpbb prefix. Uncheck any tables unrelated to phpBB. Go to bottom and click go button which should initiate download of file.

Open with text editor and make sure there is no personal information at top of file. The only thing that should be there is database name which you may want to remove.

Upload the file here, if .sql file is not allowed just rename it .txt.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Brender

Post by Brender »

thecoalman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am Generally speaking it's bad idea to update software that is experiencing issues as you may compound the problem. Same thing applies with failed updates, just because things appear to be working doesn't mean they are. e.g. you find out down the road the reset password link doesn't work.

The problem you have as noted is likely the result of failed update. While it may be the only problem if insertion of one column failed there may be other problems you are unaware of.

First go into the ACP and confirm what version is listed.

Second go into your hosting control panel and find phpMyadmin. Open the database used for phpBB, it may already be open.

On the top click the export tab.
Under export method select "Custom - display all possible options"
Under tables heading next to "select all" uncheck data ***This is very important because you will uploading this file and we don't want dump of the data.***

If you have other software installed that uses this database there may be tables there, all of your phpBB tables should have phpbb prefix. Uncheck any tables unrelated to phpBB. Go to bottom and click go button which should initiate download of file.

Open with text editor and make sure there is no personal information at top of file. The only thing that should be there is database name which you may want to remove.

Thanks a lot for your replay! Good to know that updating is not a good idea. I will take that into account from now on!

PHP-Version: 7.4.16
Version des Boards: 3.3.3
Database.txt
(115.06 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Brender wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 pm Thanks a lot for your replay! Good to know that updating is not a good idea. I will take that into account from now on!
Actually thecoalman stated that updating a board with problems is not a good idea. The point is that the problems should be solved before updating.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Brender

Post by Brender »

warmweer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:45 pm
Brender wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:22 pm Thanks a lot for your replay! Good to know that updating is not a good idea. I will take that into account from now on!
Actually thecoalman stated that updating a board with problems is not a good idea. The point is that the problems should be solved before updating.
Yes that's what I meant. Sorry, I can't express myself very well in English
Brender

Post by Brender »

can nobody really help? The problem is already very big. Some users forget their passwords...
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

thecoalman wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am
We're still waiting for that file.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

File was posted on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:22 pm ;)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”