Troubles logging in after 3.1.10 to 3.3.3 update

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Troubles logging in after 3.1.10 to 3.3.3 update

Post by Dragosvr92 »

The old board is located in /forums, and the 3.3.3 update is in /phpBB3update.
After i duplicated the original database and pointed it to the 3.3.3 files, i remained logged in as it must have saved the previous session.

The board worked fine under php 7.2, but after it logged me out, when i try to login, it redirects me from example.com/phpBB3update to example.com/index.php and displays this error in the page header:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
After i switch to php 7.1, the errors above disappear and it returns this error instead:

Code: Select all

You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.
I see there are also other people that have troubles with invalid logins on phpbb 3.3.3.

Edit: I had a read on what rxu said here, and switched to php 7.3 and it works now....
viewtopic.php?p=15489511#p15489511
Formerly known as TheKiller
3.0| Avatar on Memberlist 1.0.3

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”