Extensions Won't Enable

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bigealien

Extensions Won't Enable

Post by bigealien »

Hello everyone! Hoping this is the right forum. I have a fully updated version of PbpBB (version 3.3.4) and I just downloaded a bunch of new extensions to the site. I did this correctly through Filezilla - as far as I am aware. All of my extensions are in the ext/ folder like this: ext/author/extension

I assume they are in there correctly because all of the new extensions show up in my ACP -> Customise tab. They all are disabled and when I click the Enable button - it loads for a second, and then nothing happens. The extensions are still disabled and besides the brief loading, nothing has changed.

This is not localized to an extension or two - all-new extensions I downloaded are doing this and it also extends to the previously downloaded and enabled extensions as well. Any extension that is currently enabled cannot be disabled. The same issue, I clock disable - it loads for a moment and then nothing seems to have changed.

I just updated the PhpBB forum just the other day after putting it off for a while. So I know everything is updated and I assume updated correctly - It was quite an ordeal, several hours with two of my friends over discord. This was the first time I had updated so I had no idea how to do it and I have limited tech skills.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this issue - if I'm posting in the wrong forum (and what the right forum would be if I am) - and if anyone knows how to fix this. Also please let me know if you need different or more specific information.

Thank you so much in advance!
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Re: Extensions Won't Enable

Post by ssl »

Hi
bigealien wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:22 am I just updated the PhpBB forum just the other day after putting it off for a while. So I know everything is updated and I assume updated correctly - It was quite an ordeal, several hours with two of my friends over discord. This was the first time I had updated so I had no idea how to do it and I have limited tech skills.
The problem must come from there.
You have to give more explanations, know from which version you made this update and using which method.
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.11 | PHP: 8.2.16
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

ssl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:06 am The problem must come from there.
You have to give more explanations, know from which version you made this update and using which method.
I'm not sure what version we updated from... is there a way I can look that up? I downloaded PhpBB in August of 2020 so I assume whatever version it was then was the version I updated from. I used the Full Package download and used Filezilla FTP to backup my site and then upload the new version. We followed the given directions to the letter so I have no idea where we could have gone wrong and messed up this tiny part. I don't have all the answers since my two friends were the tech minds behind this. If you need to know something more please ask! If I don't know I can ask my friends. Is there a file that I can screenshot where we might be able t figure out the problem?

Thank you so much for your reply!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

bigealien wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 pmis there a way I can look that up?
If you supply a link to the board we may be able to tell you.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

Mick wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:49 am If you supply a link to the board we may be able to tell you.
Here is a link to the board. Thank you! It is fully updated now to 3.3.4, though.
Last edited by bigealien on Thu May 06, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david63

Post by david63 »

@ bigealien

I know this is a bit off topic but can I suggest that you take a look at your board with different browser widths as anything less that 1225px looks a mess and will deter visitors from joining your site.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
SpIdErPiGgY
Name: Andy Dm

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

I always like a big challenge, but this is a little to much :lol:

phpBB NL Extension translations, also on request.
--> Click Here: Myarea51secrets.com <--
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

david63 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:57 pm @ bigealien

I know this is a bit off topic but can I suggest that you take a look at your board with different browser widths as anything less that 1225px looks a mess and will deter visitors from joining your site.
Thanks for the tip - where do I change this?
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

SpIdErPiGgY wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:04 pm I always like a big challenge, but this is a little to much :lol:

What browser are you using? I've never seen that and none of my users have mentioned it. Are you on the phone or tablet?
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

I found this topic that helps with width on my theme. I followed this specific post's directions. However, I do not like this change. I would really like to know what browser you are seeing this on - and maybe how I can change the width of that specific box, rather than the entire forum.

Back on topic though - still very much need help with the original topic of this post. Here is my board link again. I know there is an extension that lets users set their own board width which might solve this width problem a bit - but of course this extension wont work without a fix to my original problem
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

bigealien wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 pmI'm not sure what version we updated from..
From what I can tell it was 3.3.1.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
bigealien

Post by bigealien »

Mick wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:10 am From what I can tell it was 3.3.1.
Cool, thank you! So any idea what could have gone wrong so that my extensions while clearly being properly uploaded and being marked as disabled in the ACP, simply do not enable (and enabled extensions don't disable)?
david63

Post by david63 »

You could try disabling js in your browser then you may get an error message when you try to enable/disable an extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

david63 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 pm You could try disabling js in your browser then you may get an error message when you try to enable/disable an extension.
JS is not used for ACP/customise. Has been removed some version ago.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

bigealien wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:11 pm ...
What browser are you using? I've never seen that and none of my users have mentioned it. Are you on the phone or tablet?
Same here.

Disable phpBB SiteMaker extension.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”