Send test email

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
devnulljp

Send test email

Post by devnulljp »

In the ACP>Client Communication>Email Settings, when I click the Send a test email button, it changes to read "[email protected]"
Any idea what that is? Is that normal? Seems weird to me. Domain seems to exist, but is behind PrivacyGuardian.org. The test email is signed PrivacyGuardian.org.
WTHisthis.png
WTHisthis.png (4.9 KiB) Viewed 449 times
EA117

Re: Send test email

Post by EA117 »

No, I do not believe this is normal or expected. Quite bizarre to see the text of the button being updated in response to clicking on it. The one thing that comes to mind for me: Do you happen to have an "obscure contact admin email address"-type extension installed, which tries to "hide" the contact email address from bots and scrapers?

It just comes to mind as something that would possibly "try to change the text to an email address in response to clicking", even though it is presumably mis-firing in some way such that its affecting the ACP "Send test email" button this way. But if you had such an extension installed, you might try temporarily disabling it just to rule out or confirm whether it's related to this unexpected behavior.
devnulljp

Re: Send test email

Post by devnulljp »

No, only extensions are SCSS Compiler and VigLink. It is weird, right?
The email that comes in says
"Congratulations. If you received this email, phpBB is correctly configured
to send emails.

PrivacyGuardian.org"

and whois ddwfzp.com points to namesilo.com with Admin Organization: PrivacyGuardian.org
Last edited by HiFiKabin on Sat May 08, 2021 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unneeded quote removed

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”