customization

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
khigg4

customization

Post by khigg4 »

I use bluehost as my provider, got the board up just fine. can't seem to be able to add language packs, and styles. can somebody help. When I ran phpbb on apache and it was installed om my C: drive it was easy to do. im new to using hosting providers and can't figure it out any help is appreciated.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: customization

Post by thecoalman »

Language packs need to be uploaded to the language folder, styles uploaded to styles folder. You need to use FTP program for this, if you don't have one I'd recommend WinSCP, Your host will probably also have web based section in the hosting control panel to upload files byut that can be very clunky.

Once they are uploaded to correct place they should be available in the ACP to install.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
david63

Re: customization

Post by david63 »

It has also been known that you cannot apply any customisations if you used a "one click" install from your hosts control panel.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”