Updating Assistance

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Hand of God

Updating Assistance

Post by Hand of God »

Hello. I am updating from 3.2.5 and my update is not going forward from the updating files page. I uploaded the update files that they said to download and have done everything it says to do but now the page says the update files at at 100 percent but it will not give me the option to continue the update process.

Can anyone help?
invenio

Re: Updating Assistance

Post by invenio »

Did you follow the steps as outlined in the instructions: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade32/

It would also help if you filled out the SRT: https://www.phpbb.com/support/srt/
Hand of God

Post by Hand of God »

I did follow those instructions yes.

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.5
What is your board's URL? http://darkhorserunning.net/P&P
Who do you host your board with? Total Choice Hosting
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.2.5
What styles do you currently have installed? None
What language(s) is your board currently using? English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 3
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Updating the board
Please describe your problem. It is stuck on the update process. I followed all the directions but when you reach the update files it says its 100 percent complete but wont light up the continue update process button.
Generated by SRT Generator
invenio

Post by invenio »

I just did a 3.3.3 to 3.3.4 update which has very similar update instructions. When the database update finishes at 100%, I don't think I had any other further "update button". The last "update" screen literally is the 100% full update bar. Are you sure the board is not working? You have to remove (or probably better in this situation to just rename) the install directory for the board to work again.

Also, just to confirm, you are running an appropriate version of php as the requirements have changed since phpBB 3.2?
Hand of God

Post by Hand of God »

I am.
This all started because suddenly no one could post and the log out button went away. So my hosting site said it was a phpbb issue and I needed to upgrade. Now were here.
invenio

Post by invenio »

So the board is "half-working" in that you can read posts but some functions and the display aspects are not working?

Are you sure that all the files uploaded successfully? Did you use a recommended FTP client with proper settings: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ticle/ftp/ I've heard that some people upload the compressed files and the decompress on the host or use the host provided FTP. These sometimes can cause problems.

It may be worthwhile trying to upload the files again in case something went amiss with the upload. Just my two cents although I have to admit the regular support crew on here is infinitely more knowledgeable than I. I only chimed in as I just did the upgrade myself and that 100% complete bar page can feel a little misleading.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Hand of God wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 4:08 pm I did follow those instructions yes.
Please describe your problem. It is stuck on the update process. I followed all the directions but when you reach the update files it says its 100 percent complete but wont light up the continue update process button.
Generated by SRT Generator
Where do you see the "update files"?
Using the Full Package or Changed Files Package, you should get the option to update database. And once the progress bar has reached 100%, that should be it: you board has been upgraded.

Exactly which method did you use to upgrade?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”