Failure message

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Gsbhat

Failure message

Post by Gsbhat »

Hello,
What is the failure message for phpbb 3.3.4 installation.(in the last step of installation).
In previous versions, I can see 'Your phpbb installation has not been correctly updated'. In this version I can't see this error message. It was showing success for wrong inputs also.
Last edited by thecoalman on Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to 3.3 Support
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Failure message

Post by stevemaury »

Is this an update/upgrade or a fresh install?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Gsbhat

Post by Gsbhat »

stevemaury wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:12 pm Is this an update/upgrade or a fresh install?
This is an update using all the lastest files of 3.3.4 version.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

So what is the issue? You are not getting a failure message but the installation failed? How?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Gsbhat

Post by Gsbhat »

stevemaury wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:16 pm So what is the issue? You are not getting a failure message but the installation failed? How?
I am getting only timeout error and not displaying any failure messages, when I acces the URL it goes to first step of the installations

'your phpbb installation has not been correctly updated' is this failure message still exist in this version?
If yes how can I reproduce it?
I need failure message also for displaying when installation fails.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

What is your php time-out setting?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
BytesBoss
Name: Bytes Boss

Post by BytesBoss »

Gsbhat wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:26 pm
stevemaury wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:16 pm So what is the issue? You are not getting a failure message but the installation failed? How?
I am getting only timeout error and not displaying any failure messages, when I acces the URL it goes to first step of the installations

'your phpbb installation has not been correctly updated' is this failure message still exist in this version?
If yes how can I reproduce it?
I need failure message also for displaying when installation fails.
As the previous reply stated, to check PHP, you need to look in your PHP directory and check some settings in php.ini.

upload_max_filesize = 10M (Adjust to what the largest file on your site is, then give it a 5% to 10% buffer.

max_execution_time = 300 (The main culprit, adjust to 300, you can return to a lower setting after install)

Let us know how you go :)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”