Unnaproved Topic Problem or Limitation

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tarantino

Unnaproved Topic Problem or Limitation

Post by Tarantino »

Hi folks

I updated my forum to last 3.3.4 version, since I wanted so much the feature where the author can see their unnaprove topic and I even installed this extension: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _approval/ since I wanted only the forum to be unnaproved not the replies. BUT I cannot reply to an unnaprove topic... Why?!

The topic is in approval and I as staff need to say something to that user. Having a personal conversation with him, me or any other moderator.

The topic is on a forum where only the author can see his topic, i'm using this extension for that: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... erstopics/

But I needed to being able to reply to that unnaproved topic. :cry:
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: Unnaproved Topic Problem or Limitation

Post by 3Di »

Tarantino wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:35 am The topic is in approval and I as staff need to say something to that user. Having a personal conversation with him, me or any other moderator.
PM that user.

Also you better to ask for support where you got those extensions from.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Tarantino wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:35 am i'm using this extension for that: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... erstopics/
That extension is not validated for 3.3.x.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

The problems doesnt seem to be from the extensions... but a limitation from phpbb itself.
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Like I was thinking... I tested on a clean phpBB and the problem exists. I, as a moderator or admin, am not able to reply to a topic that was not approved. That does not make any sense.

The author of the topic is able to reply. But me the founder cannot... This is a phpBB bug for me, maybe am I wrong?
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”