How do you keep gallery avatar images displaying in the correct order?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
david63

Re: How do you keep gallery avatar images displaying in the correct order?

Post by david63 »

Bruce Banner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm the way I named them. 1, 2, 3, 4..
Those files
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

david63 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:20 pm
Bruce Banner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm the way I named them. 1, 2, 3, 4..
Those files
But what exactly is it that you want me to provide a screen grab of?
david63

Post by david63 »

Bruce Banner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:22 pm But what exactly is it that you want me to provide a screen grab of?
The contents of the folder where you have those files that you have numbered
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

david63 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:25 pm
Bruce Banner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:22 pm But what exactly is it that you want me to provide a screen grab of?
The contents of the folder where you have those files that you have numbered
But I don't understand what good that would do. Why can't you explain what purpose that would serve? Look, in images/avatars/gallery, I have a folder that I'll just pretend for now is called "folder". And inside "folder", there are a half dozen subfolders, "subfolder 1", "subfolder 2", etc. And in each subfolder, there's a set of images numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. Now when I select gallery avatar from the avatar type dropdown menu, and then select any subfolder, the images in that subfolder should surely appear in the order 1, 2, 3, etc. But there's often a random switching around of the first two images in a subfolder, so that they appear in the order 2, 1, 3, instead. That's the issue. It has to do with the filenames. I don't understand what good it would do to see the actual images themselves. Especially because it's not like they consistently display incorrectly in one particular subfolder. I've said several times now that the switching around is random. I'll upload "folder", then check the contents of subfolder 1 in the gallery, and the images are in the order 2, 1, 3... so then I'll delete "folder" and reupload it, check subfolder 1 again and this time, they'll be in the correct order, but then I'll check subfolder 5, say, and the images in that subfolder will be in the 2, 1, 3 order. So then I delete "folder" and reupload it again, and now subfolders 1 and 5 are displaying correctly, but in subfolder 6 the first two images are switched around. It's totally random.
Bruce Banner

Post by Bruce Banner »

Turns out I already set up a similar thread to this years ago and there's just no solution. Something to do with something called ksort, whatever that is.

viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2383996

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”