fatal error on upgrade to 3.3.4

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
suewright

fatal error on upgrade to 3.3.4

Post by suewright »

I have attempted an upgrade to 3.3.4 using the complete package method. i have followed all the instructions but when I go to point my browser to the install folder I get the following fatal error message. I now I cant get back to the install instruction page.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Patchwork\Utf8\Bootup' not found in /homepages/3/d599412247/htdocs/shetlandowners/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:27 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/3/d599412247/htdocs/shetlandowners/common.php(97): require() #1 /homepages/3/d599412247/htdocs/shetlandowners/adm/index.php(23): require('/homepages/3/d5...') #2 {main} thrown in /homepages/3/d599412247/htdocs/shetlandowners/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 27

Please be gentle with me, I am not IT training or a programmer. it must be a simple mistake I have made
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: fatal error on upgrade to 3.3.4

Post by warmweer »

You mention upgrade. Which phpBB version are you upgrading from and which php version are you using?

Try deleting the /vendor and re-uploading the vendor
Also delete /production and /installer from /cache
and check /store: if there's an io_lock.lock and/or install_config.php in there remove them.
Then retry the database update only.

If that doesn't solve it, please fill in and post the Support Request Template
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
suewright

Post by suewright »

warmweer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:58 pm You mention upgrade. Which phpBB version are you upgrading from and which php version are you using?

Try deleting the /vendor and re-uploading the vendor
Also delete /production and /installer from /cache
and check /store: if there's an io_lock.lock and/or install_config.php in there remove them.
Then retry the database update only.

If that doesn't solve it, please fill in and post the Support Request Template
Thank you so much. All sorted
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

suewright wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:12 am Thank you so much. All sorted
I appreciate the thanks, but for the benefit of all users, was it sorted out by following the advice I gave? or through another action, or even no action?.
Not that I'm interested in any credit, but I'm curious as to how you upgraded (the first time). The advice I gave was based on an assumption that you hadn't followed the official instructions (which usually work without any flaws).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”