General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
in_so@pta

General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]

Post by in_so@pta »

Hello ,
I have this update after i made a database update and files update to my forum.
Board version: 3.3.4
PHP version: 7.3.27
Database server: MySQL(i) 10.3.27-MariaDB
is anyone available to help me ? i will pay .
i have search the error and i found a topic about it but no clear explanation to resolve it, only opinions and more untested solutions.
Can someone take a payed job for this? is showing me when i try to recover my password.
cheers guys

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]

Post by stevemaury »

It is against the forum rules to solicit paid help in this forum. You can use the Wanted! forum for that. But we are happy to help you here for free. The error sounds like you still have files from a prior version. What version did you upgrade from and what method did you use to update?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
in_so@pta

Re: General Error SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] Unknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]

Post by in_so@pta »

stevemaury wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 pm It is against the forum rules to solicit paid help in this forum. You can use the Wanted! forum for that. But we are happy to help you here for free. The error sounds like you still have files from a prior version. What version did you upgrade from and what method did you use to update?
I understand, i belive it was 3.2.8 , so i should try to replace the files again? I used the manual update method where you upload the files and then update the data base from forum/install
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Fill out the SRT, I guess you have some extension outdated which relies on that field from the DB.
πŸ†“ Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
πŸš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity ΒΊ PhpStorm's proud user ΒΊ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

in_so@pta wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:59 pmUnknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]
Read the whole topic, this should fix your issue:
viewtopic.php?p=15422511#p15422511
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

in_so@pta wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:45 am I understand, i belive it was 3.2.8 , so i should try to replace the files again? I used the manual update method where you upload the files and then update the data base from forum/install
AFAIR 'user_email_hash' has been removed in phpBB3.3 and normal phpBB3.3 files would never reference that.
In other words 3Di is probably right + you did not follow the upgrade instructions to the letter (refering to extensions).
If you uploaded the phpBB files according to instructions, there's no need to reupload them.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
in_so@pta

Post by in_so@pta »

ViolaF wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:15 am
in_so@pta wrote: ↑Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:59 pmUnknown column 'user_email_hash' in 'where clause' [1054]
Read the whole topic, this should fix your issue:
viewtopic.php?p=15422511#p15422511
And if i never had that extension? Becouse i don't have it as you can check
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

yvan02 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:28 pm

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Afin update my board from 3.0.12 to 3.3.0.
This error occurs when a new user registering.

I solved that by adding the colon user_email_hash in table phpbb_users.

`user_email_hash` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
Is this the right solution?
in_so@pta

Post by in_so@pta »

ViolaF wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:43 am
yvan02 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:28 pm

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Afin update my board from 3.0.12 to 3.3.0.
This error occurs when a new user registering.

I solved that by adding the colon user_email_hash in table phpbb_users.

`user_email_hash` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0',
Is this the right solution?
How exactly to add that line in the table there? And not distroy the database?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Don't do that. It is, at best, a kludgy workaround.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
in_so@pta

Post by in_so@pta »

stevemaury wrote: ↑Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:58 pm Don't do that. It is, at best, a kludgy workaround.
So what is the solution?
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Finding the file that is calling this non-existent database field.
in_so@pta

Post by in_so@pta »

stevemaury wrote: ↑Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:29 am Finding the file that is calling this non-existent database field.
Look:
https://ibb.co/SPf8Y9x
Also when i try to register is doing the same.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Some file is trying to access that field, which used to exist but no longer does. So either an extension or an old file references that field. If it were my board, I would use an editor that can search multiple files (BBEdit is one) and look for a reference to that field.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Do you have any extensions? If so, which ones? And please fill out the Support Request Template and post it back here to enable us to assist you better.

Return to β€œ[3.3.x] Support Forum”