Making profile items uneditable

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
GoogleDrummer

Making profile items uneditable

Post by GoogleDrummer »

I've got a custom profile field that is required to be filled out upon registration. I'd like for that field to become static and unable to be changed by the user. I've tried unchecking the "Display in User Control Panel" checkbox in the settings for the custom profile field but that doesn't seem to have had any effect, on current users at the very least; they are still able to edit the field. Is what I'm trying to do possible, and if so is this checkbox supposed to be doing what I think it should be doing or should I be looking somewhere else?
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Making profile items uneditable

Post by thecoalman »

It will show up as editable field when viewing your own profile as admin, create a test account as regular user and see if still appears.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
GoogleDrummer

Re: Making profile items uneditable

Post by GoogleDrummer »

thecoalman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:55 am It will show up as editable field when viewing your own profile as admin, create a test account as regular user and see if still appears.
I was using my test account and it was still working. I created a secondary test account from scratch and it is working as expected. I must have set some additional permissions on my test account and forgotten about it.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”