Error showing in ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
DougMPhoto

Error showing in ACP

Post by DougMPhoto »

I updated from 3.2.1 to 3.3.4
Apparently I had extensions installed but as I could not access my forum to make changes I updated the whole forum.
I just went into the ACP and had RED error message as follows:

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: The file "/hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/ext/davidiq/reimg/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @config").

#0 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->loadFile('/hermes/bosnacw...')
#1 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(99): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->load('services.yml')
#2 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(63): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load_services(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(71): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load(Array, Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#4 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/DependencyInjection/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(39): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#5 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(140): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#6 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(789): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#7 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(223): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#8 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#9 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/adm/index.php(23): require('/hermes/bosnacw...')
#10 {main}
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Error showing in ACP

Post by KevC »

Deactivate the extension mentioned in the first line or see if you can find a new version of it.

forum/ext/davidiq/reimg/config/services.yml"
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

open pittpounders/forum/ext/davidiq/reimg/config/services.yml
change to

Code: Select all

services:
    davidiq.reimg.listener:
        class: davidiq\reimg\event\listener
        arguments:
            - '@config'
            - '@template'
            - '@language'
            - '%core.php_ext%'
        tags:
            - { name: event.listener }
if your still going to use the extension consider updating it now he has a newer version see viewtopic.php?t=2275146
DougMPhoto

Post by DougMPhoto »

I changed it as instructed and am now getting a fatal error. I cannot get into the forum.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'davidiq\reimg\event\listener' not found in /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php:2034 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(2147): phpbb_cache_container->getDavidiq_Reimg_ListenerService() #1 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(231): phpbb_cache_container->{closure}() #2 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(61): Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->sortListeners('core.page_heade...') #3 /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(43): Symfony\Component\EventDis in /hermes/bosnacweb04/bosnacweb04bj/b331/ipw.dougmart/public_html/pittpounders/forum/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php on line 2034
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

You could also just upload the new version, remove /production for /cache, and see what that gives.
Perhaps the fastest way would be to restore your previous versions, and then disable the offending extensions before upgrading.
After upgrading, upload the newer version of extensions.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
DougMPhoto

Post by DougMPhoto »

Unfortunately, I could not get into the old forum, even after rolling back my php version to one compatible to 3.2.1. I am using 7.4 now.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

DougMPhoto wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:46 pm Unfortunately, I could not get into the old forum, even after rolling back my php version to one compatible to 3.2.1. I am using 7.4 now.
Are you saying that when you put back your previous version files, including extensions, database and php version, you still have no access? (even after deleting /production from /cache)?

Can you try on a personal webserver?

Added after reading this topic again: after you updated to 3.3.4, did you replace the reimg extension with the latest build?
https://github.com/DavidIQ/ReIMG/releases/tag/3.0.0-b2 (clear cache before trying your board).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
DougMPhoto

Post by DougMPhoto »

warmweer - yes I got REIMG installed. Thanks

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”