Delete a posting

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Delete a posting

Post by KevC »

An alternative for the bulk adding of the users is that you can use the Q&A antispam to say 'enter the code you have been emailed'.
Make it something random and send it to everyone you want to sign up. They can then register themselves. If you don't know the code, you can't join.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
alex4orly
Name: Alex Evans

Post by alex4orly »

david63 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 am This is not the place for these replies but here goes
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 am import CSV user file.
I uploaded a new version of the Bulk User Add extension yesterday and it works perfectly with your file.
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:42 am set the flag to "Notify me when someone responds" to be checked by default.
The User Defaults extension works perfectly to set this option for new users - it does not change the setting for existing users
Hi David,
I didn't know that - thanks.
I will delete the test users and recreate them

How does it present itself?
I create a new user
Go to create a new post, will that Have the checkbox checked?

Thanks
Alex
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

KevC wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 am An alternative for the bulk adding of the users is that you can use the Q&A antispam to say 'enter the code you have been emailed'.
Make it something random and send it to everyone you want to sign up. They can then register themselves. If you don't know the code, you can't join.
This will NOT work in my case, the majority will NOT do it and the club activities is based around all members to be registered.
I need to find a way to register ALL our members by myself before publishing the forum.

Just downloaded and installed an official extension - adduser.
Activated it, but I can't see where to access it and use it

Any idea?
Thanks
Alex
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 amJust downloaded and installed an official extension - adduser.
ACP> Users and groups> look on the left and click ACP Add User

You should be asking the extension questions in the extensions support topics or the dedicated discussion/support forum if the extension has been approved. General support is not the place for extension related questions, thanks.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Mick wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 am
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 amJust downloaded and installed an official extension - adduser.
ACP> Users and groups> look on the left and click ACP Add User

You should be asking the extension questions in the extensions support topics or the dedicated discussion/support forum if the extension has been approved. General support is not the place for extension related questions, thanks.
Hello again,

Followed your directive, found the option and realised that this extension is not what I am after. I want to be able to add in one action 50 new users, from a csv file.

The extension forums are not clear to me, which of them is actually a question forum?

Thanks
Alex
david63

Post by david63 »

alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 am the majority will NOT do it
If the majority of your intended members will not register then what hope have you got that they will visit the board at all?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Mick wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm
thecoalman wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:03 amThere is is/was an "add user" extension but I don't know if it supports multiple users
There still is but it doesn’t support import at all
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:19 amThe extension forums are not clear to me, which of them is actually a question forum?
For extensions still in development post in the extensions in development topic for example Bulk User Add

For each ‘released’ extension there’s a dedicated discussion/support forum for example ACP Add User
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

Mick wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:47 am
Mick wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm There still is but it doesn’t support import at all
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:19 amThe extension forums are not clear to me, which of them is actually a question forum?
For extensions still in development post in the extensions in development topic for example Bulk User Add

For each ‘released’ extension there’s a dedicated discussion/support forum for example ACP Add User
Interesting... How does one know, which extension belongs in which category?

Thaks again
Alex
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

david63 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:35 am
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:29 am the majority will NOT do it
If the majority of your intended members will not register then what hope have you got that they will visit the board at all?
Complicated t oexplain....

Thanks
Alex
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:19 am Followed your directive, found the option and realised that this extension is not what I am after. I want to be able to add in one action 50 new users, from a csv file.
That's what the bulk add user extension does that is linked in Mick's post.
alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:20 pm Interesting... How does one know, which extension belongs in which category?
If they're in the extension database then it's the latter category.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
alex4orly

Post by alex4orly »

alex4orly wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:25 am
david63 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 am This is not the place for these replies but here goes
I uploaded a new version of the Bulk User Add extension yesterday and it works perfectly with your file.
The User Defaults extension works perfectly to set this option for new users - it does not change the setting for existing users
Hi David,
I didn't know that - thanks.
I will delete the test users and recreate them

How does it present itself?
I create a new user
Go to create a new post, will that Have the checkbox checked?

Thanks
Alex
Hello David,

Well, I tried what you said.
Created a new user
Logged in as him
Tried to create a new topic
But, the checkbox IS NOT checked

Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks
Alex
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

3.3.x Support is not the place for extension assistance. To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.2.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extensions's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”