Changed domains/hosting and now my forum doesn't show

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
judgedredd

Changed domains/hosting and now my forum doesn't show

Post by judgedredd »

I have uploaded all the files from the old site to the new one, changed all the DB parameters and everything seemed to work, then a few hours later I get this message:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 257: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 319: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 257: mysqli_fetch_assoc(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php on line 319: mysqli_free_result(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator/RendererGenerators/PHP.php on line 128: file_put_contents(./cache/production//s9e_renderer_9d21d5e26fecaeb109b05e7bfc8a8cdb7977fc93.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied

I have looked through most of the posts dealing with this and I have checked for a production folder in cache and there isn't one. Yet the 5th line above shows that it is asking for a file in this folder. What do I do to get this forum working again?
david63

Re: Changed domains/hosting and now my forum doesn't show

Post by david63 »

First thing to check is the permissions on the cache folder - should be 777
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Hans Henrik

Post by Hans Henrik »

that's an odd error, you'd expect it to fail with some error like `table doesn't exist` or `could not establish connection to database`, not just `couldn't fetch mysqli_result`,
i suspect the php errorlog might have more clues, what, if anything, do you get in the php errorlogs?
also, what version of PhpBB are you rolling?
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

david63 Thank you very much for that!!! It worked. Very odd thing happened though. When I logged in via Filezilla from another laptop I saw that a 'production' folder had appeared in the cache folder after about an hour or two since the last time I had checked. I didn't touch it but just changed the permissions on the cache folder and all folders and files within this folder and everything works fine.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

That is normal.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
judgedredd

Post by judgedredd »

stevemaury - Ok.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”