update 3.3.4 photo display problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
jolijojo

Re: update 3.3.4 photo display problem

Post by jolijojo »

I also have a problem with the links on the youtube videos : https://forum.dnepr-ural.fr/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1950
Fred merci pour l'info, j'ai aussi posté sur le forum français mais toujours pas de solutions trouvées.
Tu me dis qu'un utilisateur avait le même problème d'affichage vignette, mais dans mon cas tous un un problème similaire à l'exception de mes vignettes administrateur.
phpBB 3.3.8 PHP 7.4
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Please remember that this is an English Language support board, please post in English only or seek support at https://www.phpbb-fr.com/
jolijojo

Post by jolijojo »

Of course, the French part was intended for a French:
Here is the translation:
Fred thanks for the info, I also posted on the French forum but still no solutions found.
You're telling me that a user had the same thumbnail display problem, but in my case all a similar problem except for my admin thumbnails.
If this can help you find a solution to my problem. For information, the French forum did not find the solution.
phpBB 3.3.8 PHP 7.4
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

I think your old BBcode isn't working anymore and you have to edit the BBcode or edit the youtube link.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
jolijojo

Post by jolijojo »

Hello, le BBcode is always the same :
[youtube]{IDENTIFIER1}://youtu.be/{IDENTIFIER2}[/youtube]

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/{IDENTIFIER2}"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/{IDENTIFIER2}" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> </object>

[youtube]URL de partage de la vidéo[/youtube]
phpBB 3.3.8 PHP 7.4
janus_zonstraal

Some things are changing with the years.
HB

Post by HB »

I'm not sure that it's the same problem, but I opened bug report Custom BBcode for YouTube not recognized after V3.3.5 upgrade. It turned out to be an error on my part, i.e., the bbcode replacement wasn't accepted by the parser (it did work in all versions prior to 3.3.5). Unfortunately, no errors were reported in the ACP or at runtime, it just ignored the custom bbcode. :?

Recoding the youtube/bbcode as suggested in the bug report did indeed fix the problem, with a caveat: I had run the reparser from the CLI with the "broken" bbcode and it stored the XML without the <YOUTUBE> tags... and after I corrected the bbcode, re-running the reparser did not correct the database. In the end, I didn't find a way to convince the reparser to reparse the posts, so I wrote my own code to do it. That said, I'm sure there's a safer, more elegant way to achieve the same end with the phpBB CLI.
Dan Kehn
jolijojo

Re: update 3.3.5 photo display problem

Post by jolijojo »

Hello, what reassures me is that there is indeed a problem at this level. On the other hand, with the translation and my level I copied the code, I now have this:
affichage.jpg
phpBB 3.3.8 PHP 7.4
HB

Post by HB »

Looking at the generated HTML on your site, it's definitely not right:

Code: Select all

<div class="content"><style>.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 960px; height: auto; margin-top: 8px; margin-bottom: 8px; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }</style><div class="embed-container"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.be/embed/?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div></div>
Notice that the src parameter has no video ID; that's why YouTube is displaying an error. It looks like you have the same (or at least similar) problem as I did -- a <style> tag embedded in the HTML template causes problems -- that 3Di pointed out isn't allowed. That is, the HTML replacement should be:

<div class='youtube-embed-container'><iframe src='https://www.youtube.com/embed/{IDENTIFIER}?rel=0&showinfo=0' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
And then you should define the style in the <head> section in overall_header.html (or wherever you define your styles, e.g., a phpBB extension). Here's what I use:

.youtube-embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 960px; height: auto; margin-top: 8px; margin-bottom: 8px; } 
.youtube-embed-container iframe, .youtube-embed-container object, .youtube-embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }
Dan Kehn
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

• "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
HB

Post by HB »

That's a great suggestion, Mick! The only difficulty would be migrating the existing posts that use [youtube]... and retraining site members to use the [media] tag.
Dan Kehn
janus_zonstraal

Youtube needs no tags, just the link is OK.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

As per Janus above I believe (not 100% but it’s easy enough to check) mediaembed ignores any tags and just reads the url. As for training life just got easier, no url tags required just post the link, done.
    " - Harmony Cobel
HB

Post by HB »

That's a very nifty plug-in! Unfortunately, a lot of my site posters paste links directly in their text assuming it's just a link, like his:

This is a test of an inline video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27FpoRiStgk with youtube. Does it break?

The MediaEmbed plug-in inlines the video right where it appears, "breaking" the layout:
media-embed-plugin.png
Yes, there's an ACP option to disable embedding just a URL, but that's the best feature. :|

It's too bad there's not an option to allow auto-embed if the link is by itself on a separate line and disable it if it's surrounded by text. I suppose it could be modified, e.g., by scanning the text to-be-stored post parse for <YOUTUBE> etc and "undoing" it if there's surrounding text, or just inserting before/after <br> tags.
Dan Kehn
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

HB wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:22 amIt's too bad there's not an option to allow auto-embed if the link is by itself on a separate line and disable it if it's surrounded by text
You could always speak to the authors it may be something they’d consider.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”