What happened to my forum?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
newbyeagain

What happened to my forum?

Post by newbyeagain »

A starnge error occurs to http://multiverses.altervista.org/phpbb
After installing (and activated) "Background Forum 1.0.5" extension, I can't access forum anymore (error message below).

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\language\exception\language_file_not_found: Language file ./../ext/phpbbmodders/adduser/language/en/info_acp_adduser-check.php couldn't be opened. in /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php:186 

Stack trace: 
#0 /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(143): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->get_language_file_path('./../ext/phpbbm...', 'info_acp_adduse...', Array) 
#1 /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php(103): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_file('./../ext/phpbbm...', 'info_acp_adduse...', Array, Array) 
#2 /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language.php(643): phpbb\language\language_file_loader->load_extension('phpbbmodders/ad...', 'ext/phpbbmodder...', Array, Array) 
#3 /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language.php(180): phpbb\language\language->load_extension('phpbbmodders/ad...', 'ext/phpbbmodder...') 
#4 /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/user.php(566): phpbb\language\language->add_lang('ext/p in /membri/multiverses/phpbb/phpbb/language/language_file_loader.php on line 186
I never saw that file ext/phpbbmodders/adduser/language/en/info_acp_adduser-check.php

May you help me?

Kind Regards
BB
Io c'ho vent'anni, perciò non ti stupire se dal niente faccio drammi. Ho paura di lasciare al mondo soltanto denaro,
che il mio nome scompaia tra quelli di tutti gli altri. Ma c'ho solo vent'anni e già chiedo perdono per gli sbagli che ho commesso.
Ma la strada è più dura quando stai puntando al cielo. Quindi scegli le cose che son davvero importanti. Scegli amore o diamanti, demoni o santi. (MANESKIN - "Vent'anni")
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: What happened to my forum?

Post by warmweer »

The error is related to ACP Add User.
You have version 1.0.4 which doesn't seem to meet the requirements for phpBB3.3.
The extension does contain the file you mentioned as being absent.
Reupload the extension, check that the "missing" file is there, and try again.

Actually Background Forum 1.0.5 doesn't seem to meet the requirements for phpBB3.3 either (although both extensions are reported as functioning with phpBB3.3).

You can always disable the extensions using Disable all extension at once (see the Knowledge Base)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
newbyeagain

Post by newbyeagain »

Ok but there's not a "ACP Add USer1.05"...

BTW, error appeared after installing "Forum background"
Io c'ho vent'anni, perciò non ti stupire se dal niente faccio drammi. Ho paura di lasciare al mondo soltanto denaro,
che il mio nome scompaia tra quelli di tutti gli altri. Ma c'ho solo vent'anni e già chiedo perdono per gli sbagli che ho commesso.
Ma la strada è più dura quando stai puntando al cielo. Quindi scegli le cose che son davvero importanti. Scegli amore o diamanti, demoni o santi. (MANESKIN - "Vent'anni")
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

newbyeagain wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:52 am Ok but there's not a "ACP Add USer1.05"...

BTW, error appeared after installing "Forum background"
First check whether the "missing" file is present or not (you haven't confirmed that it's missing).
If it's missing, upload it (and you might as well check whether the extension was uploaded completely).
If that doesn't help, remove Forum Background to see whether that fixes the problem (which would surprise me).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

newbyeagain wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:17 pm A starnge error occurs to http://multiverses.altervista.org/phpbb
After installing (and activated) "Background Forum 1.0.5" extension, I can't access forum anymore (error message below).
Looks like it might be an issue with the extension. Is the missing file present?

If not, make sure to upload it.

I just went to your page and all I see is:

Oops! La pagina non e stata john travolta.
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Forex Station wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:53 pmnon e stata john travolta
I didn’t see John Travolta anywhere 🕺🏽 :D
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

Mick wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:06 am I didn’t see John Travolta anywhere 🕺🏽 :D
Hahahaha :lol:
Highly-customized PhpBB board voted as one of the most influential trading sites in the world: forex-station.com 💬
newbyeagain

Post by newbyeagain »

warmweer wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 pm Reupload the extension, check that the "missing" file is there, and try again.
adduser.zip (1.0.4) doesn't contain that file.
For my forum (it's play-by-forum game) I need to create PNGs (dummy characters) which will be maneuvered by masters
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Try posting in the support section for that ext.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _2/support
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”