Autoupdate from 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Nienke

Autoupdate from 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 problem

Post by Nienke »

I have a really big problem, I needed to update my forum from 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 because the php version where it's running on PhP 7.3 my provider doesn't provide anymore.
Here's my prob, I downloaded the autoupdate version and updated everything, first it looked ok but now i can't register new users anymore.
I tryed to install the new language file's to get rid of a error but now there are no errors left in the console and the submit button doesn't work.
Could it be the problem that my PHP version is still 7.3 ??

The Autoupdate package I used, i did use because i changed the fields for the AVG a few years ago, until now it worked fine.

Does anyone have a idea to solve this, I can't do a fresh install because i have arround 300 members.
For now i put my old back-up from a few hours ago back.

best regards Nienke
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Autoupdate from 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 problem

Post by warmweer »

Nienke wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 pm I have a really big problem, I needed to update my forum from 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 because the php version where it's running on PhP 7.3 my provider doesn't provide anymore.
Here's my prob, I downloaded the autoupdate version and updated everything, first it looked ok but now i can't register new users anymore.
I tryed to install the new language file's to get rid of a error but now there are no errors left in the console and the submit button doesn't work.
Could it be the problem that my PHP version is still 7.3 ??

The Autoupdate package I used, i did use because i changed the fields for the AVG a few years ago, until now it worked fine.

Does anyone have a idea to solve this, I can't do a fresh install because i have arround 300 members.
For now i put my old back-up from a few hours ago back.

best regards Nienke
Autoupdate is a "use at your own risk" for upgrades (and there a notice on the main download page directing to Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3.

phpBB 3.3.5 works fine with php 7.3.

Follow the instructions from the upgrade instructions (you'll have to redo your AVG edits but that shouldn't be all that difficult to figure out).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Nienke

Post by Nienke »

Hello Warmveer,

Thank you for your response, Can i use the same upgrade steps for my board 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 as described in your link?

Best regards Nienke
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Yes
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Nienke wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:23 pm Can i use the same upgrade steps for my board 3.2.7 to 3.3.5 as described in your link?
Yes (as MIck already confirmed ) BUT
If you have previously abandoned an update attempt to try a different method, you will need to remove the following files from the server:
store/install_config.php
store/io_lock.lock
This is probably the case with your board.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”