read faqs but having trouble moving to new domain

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
DaoOlIVRQvmL3
Name: gary

read faqs but having trouble moving to new domain

Post by DaoOlIVRQvmL3 »

Hi
I have a board that was i want to move to a new domain. old version is 3.34 and was originally on a cpanel host. the host moved to plesk and for various reasons I need to move everything.

i followed the instructions here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... or-domain/

old site
v 3.3.4
used phpadmin to back up the db
archived the dir and downloaded

new site cpannel
on new site created a subdmain and and instance on phpbb v 3.3.5 (before i overwrote it)
replaced the files on new site
deleted db and restored from backup using mysql from command line

site looks the same and no posts are missing and i can log in with a 'registered user'
** but i can not log in with my admin account. just says bad password **

i can see both users in the users table

just not sure what to do right now

php v7.2
i only found logs in /logs and did not see anything interesting

thank you
gary
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: read faqs but having trouble moving to new domain

Post by stevemaury »

In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
DaoOlIVRQvmL3
Name: gary

Re: read faqs but having trouble moving to new domain

Post by DaoOlIVRQvmL3 »

that worked :)

thank you

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”