[SPLIT] update 3.3.4 photo display problem

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
MatthewTraum
Name: Matt Traum

[SPLIT] update 3.3.4 photo display problem

Post by MatthewTraum »

To get back up and running quickly, in my BBCodes, I simply replaced the old code in the BBCodes HTML replacement box for "PostYouTubeVideo" with this and the previously posted YouTube videos showed up again in the messages...

<div class="video-container" style="position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; padding-top: 30px; height: 0; overflow: hidden;"><iframe style="position: absolute;top: 0;left: 0;width: 100%;height: 100%;"width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{TEXT}" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen</iframe</div>

The only problem I see now is that all new videos that are posted inside a forum posts using the "PostYouTubeVideo" button get any empty lines automatically removed above the video. Not a tragedy, but not optimal.

As an overall convention on my forum, I like to name the YouTube video above the video in bold text, then have a blank line, then the video.

Old posts with YouTube videos that were posted before the update to the new phpBB version 3.3.5 still show the empty line between the title and the video. (This is what I want.) But new videos that are posted get the blank line stripped out. It appears that in phpBB version 3.3.5, someone decided what would be best for everyone and changed phpBB to strip more than one blank line from the code. Who decided this? If anything, it should be an option in the ACP - not automatic.

If I look at the html for a message in question, I see that the post shows only one <br> when there should be two...

<strong class="text-strong">Steps Ahead Jazz</strong><br>
<br> <--- this one gets stripped out by phpBB!
<div class="video-container" style="position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:30px;height:0;overflow:hidden"><iframe style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%" width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/en_KYaXmBVQ" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div></div>

My question, how can I get this working so that I can have one blank line between my video title and the embedded YouTube video?

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”