manual database update.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
janus_zonstraal

manual database update.

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Hi, something went wrong with the database update from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5 and it looks impossible to do it with the install folder or the cli.
Can I find the changes between 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 somewhere so that I can do the changes manual in phpmyadmin?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: manual database update.

Post by warmweer »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pm Hi, something went wrong with the database update from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5 and it looks impossible to do it with the install folder or the cli.
Can I find the changes between 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 somewhere so that I can do the changes manual in phpmyadmin?
This is a wild guess but perhaps:
Comparing the schema.json and the schema_data.sql from the 3.3.4 and the 3.3.5?

Added: just compared a clean 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 database sql dump and that didn't show anything extra.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pm Hi, something went wrong with the database update from 3.3.4 to 3.3.5
What error message did you receive? What's your environment, i.e. PHP version and RDBMS system and version?
janus_zonstraal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:40 pmand it looks impossible to do it with the install folder or the cli.
Why not investigate and resolve the original problem before searching for manually (i.e. unsupported) making changes?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
janus_zonstraal

What error message did you receive? What's your environment, i.e. PHP version and RDBMS system and version?
Your phpBB installation has not been updated correctly. Files are 3.3.5 and database is 3.3.4

php7.4.22
Databaseserver: MySQL(i) 10.3.29-MariaDB-cll-lve
Why not investigate and resolve the original problem before searching for manually (i.e. unsupported) making changes?
I'm just asking myself if there are differences between the databases, maybe it is only the phpbb version in the config table?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Run again the DB update.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('load_jquery_url', '//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js'); (previous value: 3.5.1)

phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.3.5'); (previous value: 3.3.4)

phpbb_bbcodes >>>

"bbcode_helpline":
"TEXT_UNI",

(previous value)
"bbcode_helpline":
"VCHAR_UNI",
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

janus_zonstraal

3Di wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:53 pm Run again the DB update.
I did try that 5 times and always get a confirmation that the database is updated, but it still has 3.3.4 in the config table.

@Warmweer thanks I will have a look.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I had a look at the board I think is yours and it's larger than your standard run of the mill board but nothing excessive and exceptional. Even the extensions shouldn't cause any problems.

I just had a look at the migrations and as far as I can see that confirms that there were only 1 field definition and 1 field value changed. (that is if the previous updates were 100% successful)

Have your tried on personal webserver? (Since you're using Mariadb don't bother with USBWebserver, that's MySQL only.) Use Wamp, Xampp or Easyphp.
Last edited by warmweer on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janus_zonstraal

Didn't try Wamp will have a look later, thanks again.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 pm Didn't try Wamp will have a look later, thanks again.
https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/?lang=en (the #1 for windows) ;) :ugeek:
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

3Di wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 pm https://wampserver.aviatechno.net/?lang=en (the #1 for windows) ;) :ugeek:
I tend to agree, but I wouldn't recommend it for the inexperienced. Actually I wouldn't recommend Xamp for starters either.
For the inexperienced who need a personal webserver with just the basic features (MySQL only) and a no hassle setup, I'ld recommend USBWebserver: download, decompress to a directory of your choice, read the 1 page manual and you're good to go within 10 minutes.

I've used Wamp, Xampp, Easyphp and USBwebserver (the latter having the advantage that it also works from USB stick or portable hard drive). For Mac users there's also MAMP and for Linux users, there's LAMP.

The phpBB Knowledge Base article Installing and Setting Up Your Own Web Server uses XAMPP as an example but the information provided is also relevant for Wamp and others.

janus_zonstraal

My mistake I have LAMP somewhere on my machine, but I think I found the problem, my host change a IP address without notice me.
So will dive into that first.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”